We had our second visit to Lancrigg, this time staying for 2 nights in Silver Howe. It was as good as remembered, a great place to stay in the Lakes especially for vegeterians (I'm not, but really enjoyed the food). The outlook from Silver Howe is great, the room comfortable, the bathroom has a few quirks (I like another reviewers comment that the bath will be a future collectable). So that's why not 5 stars: Lancrigg is a great experience but it does have a few quirks. They are part of the lived in country house feel, but at the price if fell they mean it misses that 5th star. Will we be back ? Absolutely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale,800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which serves a classic bar menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 12pm to 11pm (last food orders 8:30pm), booking is recommended. The Lancrigg restaurant offers up a 4 or a 5 course al a carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. In order to preserve The vegetarian history at Lancrigg we have a full vegetarian menu offering both ala carte and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere