I'm not a vegetarian but really enjoyed the variety of flavours and interesting combinations of food in the breakfasts as well as the dinners. We stayed 3 nights and planned to eat just once in the hotel, but the food and the friendly service made us want to eat there every night of our stay. We had the Azalea room which has a separate sitting area and comfy enough chairs to relax in for the rest of the evening. There's also a private outdoor space with a couple of chairs and table for room service breakfast with a classic lake district view - but sadly, in late October, it wasn't warm enough to enjoy it. It's not cheap, but when I can afford it again, I'll definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg Hotel is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale, 1/2 mile from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to residents and non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available and a lunch menu served from 12pm until 4:30pm. The restaurant is available from 6pm to 9pm, booking is reccomended. The Lancrigg is currently a vegetarian Hotel (vegan option available), however we are currently undergoing renovation to offer a flexitarian menu(still vegetarian but with fish and meat available) and a fully stocked bar will be following soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere