“A good tradition hotel serving honest food”

Courtyard Restaurant at Red Lion Hotel
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Each dish that we had was very enjoyable and served by very pleasant staff. I would most certainly return for dinner again. Thank you kindly.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Not sure whether to give it a very good review or a very bad one. Here's my dilemma .......
Visited the restaurant on Sunday 3rd November with my husband while staying at a nearby hotel in Grasmere. First impressions were good, clean and bright with a nice friendly atmosphere. I ordered the salmon steak from the "specials" board and my husband had the haddock and chips from the main menu. Both were well presented, well cooked and delicious.
Because of our good experience that night we decided to return the following evening (Monday 4th). The restaurant was quiet and we placed our order. After enjoying the salmon the previous night I decided to order it again. Uh OH ... Bad choice. When it came the presentation fell well short of the previous evening but, hey, it's all about the taste isn't it. I took one bite of the salmon and found it was still raw in the middle and I mean raw. I quietly pointed it out to the waiter who apologised and arranged to bring me another. The replacement soon arrived but to my dismay I pulled it apart with my fork to find that one raw too. I was quite upset by now, not to mention starving and just wanted to leave. My husband took the dish back and we were given a refund. In hindsight I'm assuming it must have been the chef's night off. Will we go back ? Hmmm doubt it.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Pub atmosphere, delicious food, good ales. Walking distance from B&B. Families and dogs were welcome too.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Courtyard Restaurant offers a good bar, high quality good value food, including decent veggie options.
Naturally, because of the value, the restaurant/bar gets crowded, however, the most obliging staff ensure you get a table in the Hotel.
This is the nearest thing to a pub in Grasmere!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

service was very good,food was very good,very good atmosphere,the diner was very clean,breakfast very well organised
no mad rush in the morning variety very good,waiter always had time for a smile.

ChrisManager, General Manager at Courtyard Restaurant at Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the great feedback. It is very rewarding for the team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards