“Nice lunch shame about the waiter!!”

Traveller's Rest Grasmere
Ranked #13 of 48 Restaurants in Grasmere
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is already listed as an Inn/B&B but I want to write a review for the food only, as I just had a meal there.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a very family nice lunch and all enjoyed our food which was well presented and tasty but it was spoilt by the waiter who looked down his nose at the mess our two year old grandaughter had made on the floor - we of course cleared it up before we left as we would always do. Such a pity our visit was spoilt as the young lady who served us was lovely and we had over looked the dreadful state of the ladies loo!!

1  Thank SueandAndy55

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went here to get a flavour of a Lakeland pub and in truth the service was good, the beer was good but the food was disappointing. It tasted like it had been micro-waved and I expected better. That said the waiting staff were very good and if I wanted to stop for a beer I'd go in again but based on this first experience I'd give their cooked food a miss. Maybe I caught the chef on an off night.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Ten of us had a super meal - all choosing from different menus, some with starters and others with puddings. The service was good and very friendly. Compared to other Lakes pubs/restaurants, Travellers Rest is excellent value for money. One special menu offers 3 courses for £15.95 (with choices). I'm glad I missed out on the starter because I was full to bursting after the steak & chips and the crumble pudding. There's also a good choice of beers at a fairly reasonable price for this area.

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

After a long drive to the lakes, we checked into our bnb close by and set off in search of food. The pub was within walking distance, lovely and cosy inside. Good service, smiley waitress and tasty food. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Staying close by and so did not want to travel all the way into Grasmere. I doubt that w would have found a better menu, better beer or better service. Exceeded all expectations. Prices much more reasonable than I had feared. Amost pleasant experience in every respect.