“Both nights”

Potted Out Cafe
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Grasmere
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Situated on the banks of the river Rothay in the beautiful village of Grasmere, Potted Out serves delicious, home-cooked food. Join us all day for coffee, cake, pizza, pasta and locally sourced food. Eat inside or on a sunny day dine outside on our large, river-side terrace.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We ate here both nights. A busy little place with good food and lovely staff. My husband had a pizza so good that we returned a second time. I ate 2 different pasta dishes and we weren't disappointed. We shared a sticky toffee pudding both nights and as they had run out of vanilla ice cream had it with peanut ice cream on the second night. Unusual but a good combination. The staff go out of their way to accommodate everyone so the service is a little slow but hey you are in the Lake District to relax so just sit back and chill with a Pimms or a Peroni.

1  Thank HelenBlyth

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Will make this one short and sweet.

Have walked passed the Potted Out front door many times but was so glad I didn't when I found myself in Grasmere for the day with my daughter yesterday. M

Attentive service, chilled Sauvignon in tall-stemmed balloon glasses, perfectly cooked steak and STP (sticky toffee pudd) to die for. What's not to love?

Will be hard to walk passed next time I find myself in this magnetic little village.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Dined here this evening. Food excellent and freshly cooked. Lovely mushroom and leek risotto and antipasti. Would recommend for a casual dining experience.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was a real nice lunch, nice setting, good service. We had the share plate for 2, there was plenty of food, well presented and a treat to eat.

Recommend.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We returned to this restaurant and are happy to report it was just as enjoyable.Great salami pizza and the duck chorizo with gnocci dish was sublime. Very friendly service and a great wine selection. Definately one to visit when you have had enough of gastro pub food!