“Pot On!”

Potted Out Cafe
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Grasmere
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Situated on the banks of the river Rothay in the beautiful village of Grasmere, Potted Out serves delicious, home-cooked food. Join us all day for coffee, cake, pizza, pasta and locally sourced food. Eat inside or on a sunny day dine outside on our large, river-side terrace.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Hello trip advisor buddies!
I am still eating out a lot a lot and have found a new gem of a restaurant situated in the sleepy little village of Grasmere. As a Christmas treat my big sis was going to take me to the garden centre for lunch, alas we arrived too late but the helpful staff pointed us in the direction of potted out accompanied by a 10% discount voucher...always a good start. The small restaurant has the feel of someone's living room, comfy and unpretentious. It was hard not to notice a strange picture of a cheeky hedgehog sticking his tong out, an odd addition to the twee surroundings. We both ordered fish, I had the Hake dish from the main menu, amazing creamy mash, and unnecessary aioli , delicious all the same. My sister had the Sea Bass from the specials menu, cooked to perfection and not too pricey. And we both enjoyed the house wines, although the choice is a little limited. The only negative point I will make is the miserable staff, I know its early January and the nights are cold and long, but give us a smile or a hint that we are welcome please! The food was good enough to excuse the staff, so they have got away with it this time! So if you are ever in sunny Grimsmere give it a try, its much better than Tweedy's!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had just come of the hills and wanted to dive into somewhere for a light bite. The humus was delicious, both the bruschetta and chili prawn pasta was both filling and balanced in flavour. Finished off with a couple of hot chocolates was just what was needed. All for a reasonable price.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Found ourselves in Grasmere on Christmas Eve around 4pm whilst driving through we spotted this lovely place. The food is fantastic we had the chicken panini,salami panini,vegetable panini and the home made burger accompanied by chips and onion rings washed down with Peronis and Rose wine. All the food was fantastic. Really worth a visit and we will certainly be back after Christmas

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We ate at this cafe last week for one of our evening meals, it was bitter cold outside but the cafe was warm and the staff were friendly. The cafe was clean inside with quirky decorations and felt comfortable. The meals were lovely we both had the butternut squash soup to start which was really tasty and hot and really welcome as a winter warmer and there was plenty of it. I then had the large king prawn fettuccine which was so flavoursome I didn't want it to end and my partner had the lamb rump which comes pink and apparently it was to die for if you are a lamb fan :) I then finished off with a bread a butter pudding and my partner had the tiramisu both were gorgeous. The starter and puddings are both large portions and the main is what I would call an average size portion. The bill came to just over £50 with a drink each which I dont think is too bad for a 3 course meal for 2 people. I would definitely eat there again and will make a beeline for it when we visit the Lakes again.

Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

We dined at potted out on a cold Tuesday night having rejected several other options in the village although only customers the restaurant jade a warm feeling . The staff were very pleasant . The food was good i had the lamb rag pasta and my wife had the carbonara . We enjoyed the night an would recommend