I was recommended to this hotel by a friend who I suspected would not stay anywhere other than first rate and was not disappointed.
Set by the lake in the centre of Grasmere our room had a great view onto the lake at the rear of the hotel. The whole hotel was smart and well furnished with nothing having that worn look that often comes with hotels in this area.
We were on a B&B basis but chose to eat dinner in the hotel each evening as the food quality and choice was so good. Breakfast was excellent and not buffet so was freshly cooked and hot when it arrived.
We stayed just before Christmas as the hotel was closing for the holiday and benefited from only a small number of guests staying and it was almost like having a private house with very attentive
staff! All the staff here seem to be very well trained and are a pleasure to deal with.
I was astounded that our beds had been made while we were having breakfast each day which is apparently usual in this hotel.
This is one of the nicest small hotels I have stayed in recently and I suspect that even when full is very pleasant. We will certainly be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand At Grasmere is a stunning lake district country house hotel in Grasmere with a unique bar & restaurant. Ideally located within its own gardens between Grasmere lake & Grasmere village our cosy rooms feature stunning views over the surround fells or the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand at Grasmere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Rill Country House Hotel Grasmere
- Gold Rill Country Hotel
- Gold Rill Country Grasmere