“Enjoyable return visit”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Grasmere
Whitby, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable return visit”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our ruby wedding anniversary celebration with friends was most enjoyable helped by amazing weather for the beginning of JUNE. The staff are extremely attentive, the food is second to none. We were a little disappointed with our room as it was small and only had a view of the decorators working on an outbuilding, despite our family asking for an upgrade. Beware of room 26 if you require a view of the village or hills or anything!! We will be back though....thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GrasmereWordsworth, General Manager at The Wordsworth Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear HILARY C, thanks so much for taking the time to prepare and post your review. All feedback is important for the team and for us to improve and maintain standards. I am delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us - it was a pleasure to look after you for such an auspicious event. We do have lots of different room types - all graded by view and standard and we will always try to give a complimentary upgrade when possible, sadly we could not in this instance. I do look forward to welcoming you back, with kind regards, Geraldine.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lovely hotel in my favourite lakeland village. Homely comfortable sitting rooms with board games to play if you so desire. Food great, charming service, lovely gardens although weather precluded us making use of them. Don't forget to take the code to get back into the changing rooms and pool if you use the sauna! Not great having to go out into the hall from the pool to get into the sauna! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GrasmereWordsworth, General Manager at The Wordsworth Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear mrssilverback, Firstly thank you so much for this great review and for taking the time to prepare and post it for us. I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again. With best regards, Geraldine.
Wirral
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights for a relaxing break and to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, which was made even more special by being upgraded to a suite on our arrival.
Our room was lovely with views across the gardens and to the fell tops beyond. The staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great. We used the pool and spa tub. Its a lovely pool; nice and quiet with no children, which is a big plus point for us. We didn't eat in the Signature Restaurant, choosing to go to the Bistro on our first night where we had a pleasant, and slightly less formal meal.
My only minus point is that on our first night, when having a drink in the hotel before our meal, once the staff member concerned realised we were not eating in the Signature Restaurant we were somewhat neglected in favour of those guests who were; no other drinks were offered, no 'nibbles' served, and nobody checked we knew where the Bistro was, which we didn't and had to ask.
This was the only disappointing note however, and everything else was great. i would certainlt recommend this hotel and will look forward to when we can return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anne M, thanks ever so much for taking the time to post your review - overall it seems you really enjoyed your stay with us. I am so very sorry that there was a small negative in your bar experience and absolutely I take on board your feedback. I do hope we will see you again soon, with kind regards, Geraldine.
Cupar, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We visited hotel in May for a 2 night break. Staff were efficient and food was fantastic. Lovely views from public rooms. We were booked for dinner on first night and enjoyed it so much we booked into restaurant on second night as well. On a down side we had booked a classic room but our view was of the fire escape and room was uncomfortably hot even though we kept the window in bathroom and bedroom open.

2 Thank PatfamilyHolidays
Dear PatfamilyHolidays, Thanks so much for taking the time to prepare and post your review and I am so happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry you found your room warm, but I do hope you will return to see us again. I look forward to welcoming you back. With kindest regards, Geraldine.
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed for 1 night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Staff were lovely, rooms fab and breakfast tasty. The pillows and bedding are the softest I've ever had the pleasure of sleeping on. The gardens are beautiful, and sitting in them in the sunshine having a few beers made my weekend. I will definitely be returning to this wonderful hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pamela C, Thanks ever so much for such a lovely review - I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. With kindest regards, Geraldine.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just a short note to say we recently stayed at the Wordsworth Hotel and was thoroughly satisfied with our short stay. Upgraded upon arrival, it was quiet and sunny and very relaxing, we did look at other hotels in the area but this one offered a more complete experience. Only one point to raise is that coming out of the swimming pool into the hall way to enter the sauna is a bit odd.....

Room Tip: Room 7 overlooks the garden/hills and some of the village with its double aspect windows..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GrasmereWordsworth, General Manager at The Wordsworth Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Smithff, Thanks ever so much for taking the time to prepare and post your review. I am delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding our sauna access - it was not possible to introduce this facility with a poolside entrance, however we really wanted to be able to include this facility for our guests, so we feel happy that we can at least offer our guests a great sauna. I do apologise that you felt this was not a positive aspect to your stay. I do hope you will come back and visit us again. With kind regards, Geraldine.
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I thought I'd booked another Hotel in Grasmere where we had previously stayed ( more pricey), but I must say the
Wordsworth was really good. The food was excellent, dinner & breakfast, the room was small but okay, I am sure other rooms are better but the package booked was for a standard room. Great spot right in the centre of the town of Grasmere. Staff very friendly and helpful, my only criticism was the need to up keep the common hall ways, bar and general parts of the hotel better as the felt untidy and shabby. that said I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joesph S
Dear Joseph S, Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, following your recent stay with us. We are all very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you will return to us in the future. With kindest regards, Geraldine.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grasmere
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa
Ambleside Salutation Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Oak Bank Hotel
Oak Bank Hotel
#4 of 14 in Grasmere

Been to The Wordsworth Hotel? Share your experiences!