“Perfect Choice”

Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Grasmere
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Friendly local cafe and bistro specialising in home cooked meals and home baked cakes. Wide range of special diets catered for including gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, vegan and meat lovers too!
Scotland
“Perfect Choice”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

After a long walk in the hills we arrived back in Grasmere, hungry and weary. Grasmere certainly isn't short of cafes, but Green's looked very inviting and we soon discovered it was the perfect choice. The service and food were excellent, all tasted fresh and well prepared. Lovely soup with bread that tasted homemade and a fresh baguette crammed full of chicken.
Though neither my partner or myself are Vegans we did notice massive selection of Vegan options, including some yummy cakes. My partner's son is Vegan and we are well aware of the minimal selection at most eateries.
So whether you're a Vegan or not, next time you're in Grasmere pop in to Greens I am sure you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank FizzScotland

Poole, Dorset, UK
“A brilliant find”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stumbled across Green's when we visited Grasmere. It was bustling inside when lots of other places were empty so we gave it a go.

The service was great and the food was delicious - I even had cake to take away!

There were lots of gluten free options on the menu too which I thought was very inclusive.

All in all I would recommend this highly.

Cumbria UK
“Good food and prices”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Tyhe first time I went to Greens, I took my mother and we were both impressed with the friendly service, good food and resonable prices. So much so, that I have been back with my partner and other friends.

Visited August 2012
oswestry, england
“Not bad, but there are much better cafes in the Lakes”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The food was nice enough,and filling, but the veggie shepherds pie was basically ratatouille with mash on the top, for £8. No real flavour either. My sandwich and soup were ok, and hot, but we've had so much better over the last few days. They do cater for veggies, vegans, and even gluten free diets, and the service was fine, but our meal was just average.

1 Thank shaunsouthern
Isle of Man
“Great casual lunch venue”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had a light lunch in Greens and were very pleased indeed. A lovely relaxed atmosphere (Greens accepts "well-behaved dogs") and a small wine range which just so happened to include our favourite white and red. Lots of gluten-free choices too. A great casual lunch venue