“Great afternoon tea and hot chocolate/cakes”

Greens Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Grasmere
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Friendly local cafe and bistro specialising in home cooked meals and home baked cakes. Wide range of special diets catered for including gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, vegan and meat lovers too!
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stopped here after a windswept walk on the fells and the hot drinks (chocolate) and cake/brownie combination was a real hit. Service was good and cafe had a nice ambience and attentive service. My son could not finish his brownie and they kindly wrapped it for him to take away. A nice touch.

Would go back if in the area again.

1  Thank ashcheshire

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We ate here on a Friday evening as I believe they have just started to open on Friday and Saturday nights. The menu was a main course for £12 or two courses (ie adding a starter or pudding) for £15 per person. The food was well thought out and there was a good choice for all sorts of dietary requirements and we both thought of friends who would appreciate this.

We both had the fishcakes, following reviews on Tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed! I then had a salmon dish (delicious) and my husband had "Toad Out of the Hole" which he seemed to demolish pretty quickly. Normally I'm allowed to try a little of his food, but this time I was told that it was all his!

The only reason why I've given it 4 out of 5 is that during the evening it still feels like a cafe and not a restaurant, although we think they're definitely trying in this area.

Please go! Greens is well worth it for the food!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Service was excellent. Welsh Rarebit particularly good. Not cheap but quality food. That said, hubby would have preferred more meat based meals! However, we would definitely visit again. Little surprised they allowed dogs into cafe - glad we had already eaten as the smell of wet dogs was really of putting.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Quaint, Gluten Free, Vegan options, friendly service and TASTY dishes! Went for dinner, deserts and lunch everyday during our stay in Grasmere:)

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stumbled across this cafe when walking through Grasmere. Struggling to find many places that catered for vegans in the lakes, I was very happy to notice their menu outside with plenty of vegan options listed. As it was only morning i opted for a soya coffee and vegan choc cupcake which was delicious! I would love to try the rest of the vegan food and will return if ever in the area again!