“Fantastic Ales in lovely setting”
Review of Tweedies Bar

Tweedies Bar
Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in Grasmere
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My partner and I with our pooch visited here whilst on holiday in the Lakes. It was a great place for a drink after a long day walking. The gardens are lovely and obviously pooch friendly. Great selection of ales and you can sample a bat of 3 ales, if you can't decide or want to try different ones. We didn't eat here however the menu looked nice, therefore if we come to Grasmere again we would definitely try Tweedies and sample the food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,639)

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Had a couple of meals here during the week we were in Grasmere.

The food is slightly expensive for what it is but the quality is bang on. The choice of real ales and wine is probably the best in the village.

The garden is a great place to eat and drink as is inside - in either place the service is quick and friendly.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Visited twice on our holiday, Once for a drink after a full days walking in the hills and then another day returned for a lunch. Good food and Drinks.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We picked this bar to eat in purely based on the website whilst on vacation in the south lakes. After a 1 hour drive we arrived in the picturesque village of Grassmere. First impressions were not great! Details like having no hot water in the toilets did not inspire confidence. The bar was busy and noisy but we were offered a quieter table in an adjacent dining room. Menu's were a bit tatty and at the moment I sat down and looked at the menu, I thought I was I was in for yet another very average and overpriced pub meal.
Boy was I wrong! The food was prepared by a kitchen team who care...trust me you can taste it. I had the chilli burger and my wife had pork. The Burger was the best I have had for a very long time. Soft buttery brioche bun, crisp lettuce and tasty home made succulent chargrilled ground beef pattie sandwiched between two sweet and crispy hand battered onion rings. Mustard mayo was tart and hot and the salsa was sweet and chunky, perfect additions that for me, hit all the key notes on the flavour scale.
Pork was moist and full of flavour with perfect crackling. Black pudding and crispy duck egg were sublime.
One point of personal preference.....I like to eat of a plate not a wooden board.
Chefs, great job. I'd travel 2 hours for that burger again!

1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Excellent food although dining area noisy with background music too loud. Food boot cheap but quality excellent and way better than you would expect as pub grub.