“Our favourite bar in Grasmere”
Review of Tweedies Bar

Tweedies Bar
Ranked #9 of 46 Restaurants in Grasmere
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Stamford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our favourite bar in Grasmere”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We visited over the busy New Year period. The bar was always busy, and service was sometimes a little stretched, but the beers are good ( and my wife loved their draught cider) and the place has a nice buzz about it.

We didn't eat here , but we called in for drinks several times. It would be nice to have this as your "local"

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Keswick, United Kingdom
“Great beer and friendly staff..”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a pint and ended up with a bat. As we were not real ale drinkers, we were swayed by two lovely gentlemen behind the bar to have a bat. You get 3 1/3rd of a pint that make up a pint of 3 different ales for the price of a pint.. What a fantastic way to sample beer if your not sure!
One of the staff was a Canadian fellow who suggested we try a dark stout beer and also a Yates golden, the other staff member was from Australia and suggested a pale ale and a scrumpy cider. I had a bat and my partner had a half of scrumpy and the 2 gents were right on the money. Well versed staff. We didn't eat but we had a look at the menu, seems pricey but it is the lakes district after all. Maybe next time we will sample the food.
Must thank the Australian fellow for getting the fire roaring as it was cold and wet outside and also the Canadian fellow for his insight and banter.

• Visited January 2014
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“rude, arrogant, unhelpful.”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was staying in Grasmere for a walking weekend with friends. We went to Tweedies for a quick drink and whilst I was at the bar paying, two young mothers with prams came entered in a state of distress. They had somehow lost their husbands and asked if they could quickly use the pub phone to call them and find where they where. The unhelpful jobsworth barmaid flatly refused.
The second day, I ordered a couple of pints for my friend and me. These pints turned out to be cloudy and had a line cleaner kind of taste to it. When I returned them to the bar to ask for an exchange, the smarmy bar man said there's nothing wrong with the beer and totally refused to give me a fresh pint or refund.
Extremely poor customer service and no manners at all.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank bobajob321
“Avoid the food”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The food was very disappointing. The service was fine. Ok atmosphere. Overall nothing special. Not a place I would come back to.

• Visited February 2014
Robin Hoods Bay, United Kingdom
“Good food, great beer”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Ate here on Thursday evening. Fantastic bar with load of different real ales. Food was hearty and well presented. Lot of locals in the bar. Had a great evening.

• Visited February 2014