“Disgusting ”
Review of The Lamb Inn - CLOSED

The Lamb Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our traditional village pub, the Lamb Inn, the only one in Grasmere Village places a strong emphasis on locally sourced produce for pub food too. The bar is well stocked with many names you'll recognise - making it one of the best real ale pubs too! Real Ales include: Hawkshead Bitter, Hawkshead Red, Hawkshead Windermere Pale, Jennings Cumberland Ale, EPA, Black Sheep, Dent and Golden Sheep. Pub Food: The Lamb Inn serves some of the finest pub food in the Lake District, with something to tempt all appetites. Enjoy a combination of locally sourced hearty traditional pub main course classics to lighter snacks and delicious homemade afternoon teas.
Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

After a long walk we waited a while for the food, my sons pizza tasted strange when I flipped it over it was GREEN ! No one seemed very bothered - would never go again !

Reviewed March 21, 2016

The Fat Lamb is very welcoming Inn. I love the fact that it is dog friendly too.
The décor is dated and the bar area could do with a refurb, especially the chairs in the coffee/ relax area.
The room we had (room 1) was quite small but very clean. The shower in the bathroom was a bit iffy so we just used the bath with the hand shower head for washing hair.
The food here was lovely, yes maybe a bit on the pricey side but all very enjoyable.
We did eat one night in the restaurant area but I would recommend the bar area.
The Wi-Fi is iffy but they did reset it for us as the router is outside of room 1 and after that it was much better.
Location is good access to go out and about.
An enjoyable trip all in all.

Reviewed March 8, 2016 via mobile

Nope nope nope. Very disappointing. The 2 bears we tried were both gone. Cumberland ale and Hampstead and we're both poorly kept and came out slightly cloudy. Neither were completed. And the tea for the oldies was like fish water. That need to change the brand. Prices were ridiculous too. Nearly 3 quid for a cup of tea is taking huge liberties. Not recommending this place and will never return.

1  Thank Martin J
Reviewed February 20, 2016 via mobile

The new decor is very corporate. I feel it should have been more in keeping with a cosy lakes bar.
Hearing the hand dryers in the toilet is a bit off putting, well more so when you didn't hear them. I'd just rather not know if someone hasn't washed their hands!!
I ordered a tonic water and was not asked or given ice and lemon.
It was busy but not packed. It still took 20 minutes for our table to be cleared of glasses.
Our table was made up of 3 planks of wood. I noticed that the "owl" salt and pepper pots had sauce or gravy on and the grooves in the table had the remains of someone's meal in , bits of sweetcorn etc. hygiene needs to be more particular.
Crispy duck starter was very tasty and nicely served albeit small for the price. A side order of fries was returned to be cooked a bit more and what is this awful fashion of serving fries in a mini chip basket. The salt and vinegar went straight over the table. They were for sharing so I didn't want them on my plate.
Also food was served and then they realised we needed cutlery and serviettes. Nice quality serviettes though!
When the cutlery was brought, we were asked if everything was ok. How would we know, we didn't have the cutlery to start it! No one came back after to ask if our meal was ok and we weren't asked when we paid the bill.
It's a bit of a tight squeeze behind that bar. Each person having to wait for the other to finish their order so they could start their own , causes slow service at the bar.
And no discount for locals . My profile might say Newcastle but I work in Grasmere and my partner lives and works here.
A few tweaks needed Red Lion?

1  Thank Leswyn M
Reviewed February 16, 2016

We visited for the food and the best you can say it was edible. It took a long while to arrive and it wasn't that warm. I had the lamb and the mash was cold but the rest was warm. My partner had the fish and chips. The chips were greasy and a little overdone. Altogether a disappointing meal.