“hotel bar in centre”
Review of The Lamb Inn - CLOSED

The Lamb Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our traditional village pub, the Lamb Inn, the only one in Grasmere Village places a strong emphasis on locally sourced produce for pub food too. The bar is well stocked with many names you'll recognise - making it one of the best real ale pubs too! Real Ales include: Hawkshead Bitter, Hawkshead Red, Hawkshead Windermere Pale, Jennings Cumberland Ale, EPA, Black Sheep, Dent and Golden Sheep. Pub Food: The Lamb Inn serves some of the finest pub food in the Lake District, with something to tempt all appetites. Enjoy a combination of locally sourced hearty traditional pub main course classics to lighter snacks and delicious homemade afternoon teas.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The lamb was modern and bright, with real ale served rather on the cold side. Not particularly cosy, but a pleasant enough stop off

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had a sat lunch. Asked if we could open a tab and the barman said no, so we had to pay for drinks upfront. No problem just lucky in this day and age I had cash on me. looking at other reviews I now see this is not true.
Saw Beef Sandwich on menu and thought it would be nice to have it with warm beef as it was a cold showery day. Asked at bar but they said they didn't think they would do it. Had to ask barman to go and ask in the kitchen. He came back and said no which begs the question did he ask. Surely its only a matter of putting the beef in the microwave.
Asked a burger with chips and got it with fries. Sounds Padantick, but they were dry and like eating cardboard (awful).
Apart from this the chips are nice. The atmosphere was good, menu varied and a little on the pricy side @ £7.95 for cold sandwich and a portion of chips. Would I go a again probably not. Grasmere is one of my favorite places in the lakes and I'm a regular visitor but theres such a good selection of places to eat in Grasmere and would try one of them 1st or visit one that I've been to before.
Need to up their customer service

1  Thank DebandDave17
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went out into Grasmere fairly late to eat but were accommodated by the Lamb Inn after being turned down at two other places (it was 8.40pm). I had the Lamb Henry, would definately recommend!! Dog friendly.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We went into the Lamb Inn to order a meal, but we started with drinks - we ordered these and were looking at the menu. My husband suggested we start a tab as we were eating, but one of the bar staff (who all appeared to be about 12) said 'I'm afraid I shall have to ask for your credit card and keep it behind the bar'. Now, if someone asks you for a tab in a busy inner city bar or pub where you have no intention of eating, you shouldn't be surprised, but when you are in a country inn and you are signalling your intention of eating? We both frankly felt insulted. We are a respectable looking couple in our 60s who are used to dining at pretty good places. As my husband pointed out - we were not going to eat somewhere where we were not to be trusted. One star given because actually I liked the look of the food there.

1  Thank Lexietta
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Managed to get a table on a rainy evening. Menu was quite varied. We ordered a pizza, tuna steak and gammon. The food took quite a long while to arrive. When it did both the gammon and the tuna steak were overcooked and dry. The place was very busy most people were ordering food I just hope they were not in a hurry! All in all not a very memorable eating experience, but if you want reasonably priced food and are prepared to wait give it a try.