“Friday night dinner”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Another great visit. Food delicious. Great menu choice. Cosy atmosphere, attentive staff. Well worth a visit when staying in Conniston.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

On a visit from Kent, our friends who live in Coniston brought us to Steam. We had a lovely evening and my 2 year old daughter was made to feel very welcome with a special dinner tailored to her.
I had the Fig and goats cheese starter, the special chili beef main and the apple pudding. All were delicious. The beef was a bit spicy but very nice. This was our best meal during our week in the lakes.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited whilst on holiday in Coniston two weeks ago and loved this small, independent restaurant.
The menu was imaginative and creative costing £22.95 for two courses or £26.95 for three courses. The food was delicious and beautifully presented in a relaxed and informal setting.
We enjoyed our evening so much that we rebooked for a second night that week and then second time round it was still amazing.
My favourite dish was a starter of baked fresh fig stuffed with goats cheese wrapped in prosciutto and a red onion marmalade.
I like the fact that it doesn’t have a licence so you have to bring your own bottle- it brings the overalll price down.
Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What more can I say but I simply LOVE this restaurant. A warm welcome awaits from friendly staff and fantastic food at great value for money prices ie 3 courses for £26.95p. For those who follow a Gluten Free diet there is a good choice on the menu. As they do not hold a drinks license you are invited to bring your own wine etc for which they charge you a corkage charge of £2.50p per person. I note that this charge has increased over the years I have been visiting and personally would not like to see this increase any further. On my recent visit I see that I was still charged the £2.50p charge although I only drank the tap water supplied. However, despite this small matter I am Never disappointed with the food I am served. This restaurant is the perfect place for that special “candle light “ occasion, the residents of Coniston are so lucky to have this restaurant on their doorstep.
If you are traveling by car there is a large car park within 100 yards of the restaurant and after 6pm it’s free to park . Yes Free. As this restaurant is proving to be very popular it is advisable to book. Table Reservations start from 5pm to 9pm. Enjoy.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in Coniston for 5 days and stumbled across this place. They were fully booked 2 weeks in advance but happened to have a cancellation one night we were there. We were so happy!

The food was exquisite, the atmosphere friendly yet still felt special.

if you are planning a trip to the Lakes I would highly recommend booking this place in advance! You won't be disappointed.