“Lovely”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2014

had a tea break here and it was absolutley lovely. Myt bubby and I had tea for two which cam in a proper good old fashioned teapot with cosy and it was one of the best brews I had had in a while!!! I had a teacake with butter and jam. Everything was lovely and they very kindly let me know where the jam had come from. My hubby had cheese crupmets which were great as well. the service was excellant and even though we did not have any cakes they looked scrummy. If you get the chance to go here - take it with both hands - we will definately go back.

2  Thank ZukiD
There are newer reviews for The Green Housekeeper Cafe

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Wow! Best meal we've had in a long time & to top it off £16 each for two courses! You'll go a long way to find better food, especially at this price...the fish curry was amazing! Thank you. Long live supper club @ Coniston.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

A great lunch, lovely fresh food, homemade soup was very good, bread was fresh today, soya milk available for children's hot chocolate. Staff friendly and helpful, cosy and small. Cakes to eat in or take away

2  Thank Richard A
Reviewed April 8, 2014

An amazing find my my parents whilst looking for somewhere to eat in Coniston. For £19.95 we opted for 3 courses of fresh home cooked food. I enjoyed a seafood Tapas followed by the Burger and a generous helping of apple crumble.
This ran as "The Supper Club" which I believe is the evening establishment of The Green Housekeeper (during the day). Despite being full and one of two tables of 6 arriving at the start of service, the standard of the food was excellent and the quality of service was also very high.
There is limited space available so early booking is advised.
The only slight blemish is that the toilet was only accessible by exiting the restaurant and proceeding around the back of the property.

2  Thank jedimasterlincoln
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife and some friends were in Coniston and looking for somewhere to eat in the evening and came across the notice for the 'Supper Club' in the window of the Green Housekeeper Café. We decided to reserve a table and it was a good choice. We had an excellent meal, wonderful food and a very good evening. The menu was very acceptable and food freshly cooked. We would not hesitate to recommend this to anybody but you will probably need to book.