Meadowdore B & B
Waterhead Hotel(Coniston)
  • Restaurant
Monk Coniston(Coniston)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfull englishcomfy bedgreat locationroom was spotlessset you up for the daysandwichevening mealstayed here for nightsold mannight stayyogurtlake districtfrancescafeaccommodationensuitekettle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A friend and I stayed at the meadowdore during a recent cycling trip and we were both very impressed with the accommodation, the owners and the very helpful friendly staff. Very reasonably priced, great breakfasts in the café in the morning. Bikes where stored away safely and more importantly dry, so no wet seat in the morning, a bonus. Many thanks to Francis and all the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I had a short break at Meadowdore B & B. The accommodation is very clean,comfortable and we were greeted with a warm welcome. We took our bicycles with us and they were very happy to store them in a safe place over night, Breakfast was very tasty, as were the homemade cakes in the cafe below. This place is a ray of sunshine all the staff are so helpful and friendly.Would recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to watch my brother run the 50 mile and it was late so just thought I would try our luck for a B&B nearby and lucky enough they had had cancelation so they had a double room with single bed available for me, my hubby and my two girls, perfect, the lady was so helpful and basically came to our rescue, bargain price for what we got, very comfy bed, with nice en suite and great breakfast. Me and the family are already planning our next trip there, would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and i took a few days break to Coniston and our stay at the Meadowdore B & B was thoroughly enjoyable. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was very tasty and substantial. The meadowdore is well located and combined with the kind efforts of the very pleasant Francis and all the wonderful staff, offers a relaxed, happy environment in which to spend your time in the lovely town.

Room Tip: The back room has wonderful views of surrounding mountains through the windows.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MartinDebbie
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My friend and I stayed here in April and we weren't disappointed. The accommodation is really clean and comfortable and we were warmly welcomed by the staff. The breakfasts are generous and they had a roaring fire, which was very much needed! You have your own separate entrance so you don't have to come through the cafe and you're not disturbed. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends