“good vegetarian food”

Ranked #5 of 74 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Good surroundings efficient service, I felt that the maitre de could have been a little more welcoming even though we were 1/4 hour late. My partner a was less impressed and thought that the prices were inflated.

1  Thank David L

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Quince & Medlar has been one of my parent's favorites since it opened but I've only been lucky enough to go once. I had high expectations but wasn't disappointed at all, I wish I could eat here every day! When you first arrive you feel like your in someones home the atmosphere is so friendly and the decoration homely. I used to be vegetarian so having no meat wasn't a problem for me, my sister was determined she wasn't going to like a meal without meat but changed her mind as soon as she tasted it! The food is some of the best I've had and the wine was lovely too, I can't speak highly enough of Quince and Medlar, if you're in the area you have to go!

2  Thank Saywabish
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We recently revisited having not been for several years. When the restaurant first opened, it was completely different to anything we'd experienced & whilst at uni it was a regular for treat girls night out when we returned home. Move on several decades & I probably am more discerning when it comes to food - I still really enjoyed it, the service was friendly & unhurried and as a party of 6 (non of whom are vegetarian) only one was slightly disappointed with his main (smoked cheese roulade) - but he is known to be fussy. The quote of the evening came from my 11 year old nephew (who isn't vaguely vegetarian) with " I'd definitely come back here"

1  Thank maltontraveller
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Having lived in Cumbria for 18 years we finally got round to going here. We were not disappointed. Neither of us are vegetarian, but our meal was excellent and we didn't miss the meat! Cheese souffle was so yummy. A lovely separate room for a pre drink. Service and customer care was faultless. Can't wait to return.

3  Thank CMB555
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a vegetarian but can recommend this is a restaurant for all. We had three courses and thoroughly enjoyed them all. The ambience is warm and welcoming as are the staff. It was a relaxing meal, no pressure was felt to move onto the next course. We will return.

2  Thank SMofWorcester