“I'd forgotten how much I enjoy it”
Review of Quince & Medlar

Quince & Medlar
Ranked #4 of 72 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
n yorkshire
“I'd forgotten how much I enjoy it”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We recently revisited having not been for several years. When the restaurant first opened, it was completely different to anything we'd experienced & whilst at uni it was a regular for treat girls night out when we returned home. Move on several decades & I probably am more discerning when it comes to food - I still really enjoyed it, the service was friendly & unhurried and as a party of 6 (non of whom are vegetarian) only one was slightly disappointed with his main (smoked cheese roulade) - but he is known to be fussy. The quote of the evening came from my 11 year old nephew (who isn't vaguely vegetarian) with " I'd definitely come back here"

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank maltontraveller

Workington, United Kingdom
“So glad we finally went!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Having lived in Cumbria for 18 years we finally got round to going here. We were not disappointed. Neither of us are vegetarian, but our meal was excellent and we didn't miss the meat! Cheese souffle was so yummy. A lovely separate room for a pre drink. Service and customer care was faultless. Can't wait to return.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank CMB555
“Great evening lovely food.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a vegetarian but can recommend this is a restaurant for all. We had three courses and thoroughly enjoyed them all. The ambience is warm and welcoming as are the staff. It was a relaxing meal, no pressure was felt to move onto the next course. We will return.

2 Thank SMofWorcester
“Classy, homely, unpretentious & thoroughly excellent food!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Quite simply a fantastic restaurant. The food is up there with the best in its price range (which is very reasonable £12-14 for mains). Indeed, whether you're veggie, vegan or otherwise, you won't fail to be impressed. My partner and I were made to feel special and treated to a magical evening's hospitality. The restaurant is softly furnished and glows throughout, the service sparkles with accommodating efficiency. From the amuse-bouches and wine enjoyed while waiting to be seated to the three courses and seasonal treats that we walked home with, the Quince & Medlar offers quality in every way. Excellent! We will definitely be going again...soon!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank FinnMikeD
“Fabulous food! Great atmosphere!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed the food....even though I am not a vegetarian and have not been to a vegetarian restaurant before! Can't wait to go again! Highly recommend!

2 Thank Cumbriangirlsarah