“Flavour and Funk”

Wild Zucchinis Bistro
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A quirky little place where customer service, good homemade wholesome and unpretentious food is at the forefront of the agenda. We make it our business to offer you the best we can at all times.
Lake District
“Flavour and Funk”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Been meaning to go since it opened and OMG. I loved it. This is just my sort of food - took ages to decide because I could have had any of the meals on offer. Plumped for the shredded duck and hoison sauce wrap, served warm with choice of 3 salads. Rose lemonade to wash it all down. £8.90!!!! Welcomed from the moment I stepped in. And don't get me started on the decor. Colourful, fun, funky - someone sure has an eye and bags of style. Now I need another excuse to go. Anyone free tomorrow?

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“The hottest plate in town...”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

...and that's no mean feat! For a small Cumbrian town, Cockermouth some would say is over subscribed for a place to take the weight off and grab a bite to eat, but not I. There's plenty of choice in Cockermouth and something for everyone, although some places are a little on the upper side of overpriced - it's not right, and never will it be, to charge an over inflated price for a slither of smoked chicken, slapped between a couple of bits of hovis, described as "rustic" just because that's what's been written in your over egged menu - and here lies the difference between fantasy and reality! There are places in Cockermouth which have more style than substance - these are places to be avoided at all costs.

A plate at Wild Zucchinis Bistro however is a break from the norm- it is substance in abundance, with a soupçon of style (in other words not over egged). This place is driven by the passion of the owner who lights up the room as soon as YOU walk in, eager to please and serve you the freshest ingredients that Cumbria has to offer and at a price that won't leave too big a dent in your pocket.

The layout is fresh and vibrant, relaxed and chic with a bit of moose thrown in for good measure. As I sat back on the sofa drinking a most excellent cappuccino and about to take another bite of the delicious homemade traybake (so fresh, it almost melted away), I observed one of the team talk with enthusiasm to a group of ladies about the range of rather smart looking blends of teas - I was almost tempted myself into deserting my love of coffee to try one - maybe next time.

With my two hours free parking almost up, some of the hottest looking lunch plates waft past me on route to the ladies who lunch. Do I risk it? Will the "fat controller" be on duty today, ready to hit me with a fine for over staying my welcome in this most beautiful Cumbrian town? No, the risk is to be avoided at all costs, so I move my car and gain a couple to try out the meatballs and salad - Wow - this really is the hottest plate in town!

• Visited March 2014
Manon P, Owner at Wild Zucchinis Bistro, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Betteradayonthehills,

Thank you for your smashing review. It's lovely to know that we're getting it right! Manon :)
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Something Different”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to try this bistro by a friend and were not disappointed very friendly staff and nice fresh food with a twist, will certainly be back for more

Visited March 2014
Thank you for your review Victor! It was lovely to meet and have you and Joan in the Bistro the other day. We are looking forward to welcome you back! Manon
Bothel, Cumbria UK
“A lovely lunch”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I called here today - although it was very busy we were warmly greeted by the proprietor. The food was excellent and the choice of salad with my crepe was very good. Would definitely visit again.

Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Fab food shame about the”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The decor is lovely, the staff for the most part are fabulous. I say for the most part as there is one thing spoiling it. I do not want to go into a bistro and pay my hard earned money to hear a very manic and rude French(?) lady (Marion?) berating the hard working staff there. They were so helpful and it was both embarrasing for them and me. Having said that I thought the food was amazing, and the other front of house staff fabulous, but there is a real issue that the management should sort out before they lose customers. My meal was lovely and beautifully presented and because of this and the waitress (Emma) I am giving it top marks because of the majority of the staff, the lovely decor and amazing food, however I will be checking to see which staff are on before I go in again.

• Visited March 2014
Manon P, Owner at Wild Zucchinis Bistro, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Cumbrianfoodfan,
Thank you for your feedback, I take your point. I’m sorry that you witnessed a fiery moment as opposed to the majority of the time when the team and I are having a great deal of banter and fun. I'm glad to see it didn’t stop you from giving the bistro a good rating and I thank you for that too! In the meantime I want you to rest assured that every member of the team are highly valued and commended for their work. Everything that goes on here is based on open communication and tightly knitted team work and everyone gets their say without the need for censorship. I’m originally from Quebec and although I’ve been here for many years, I haven’t yet entirely tamed the ‘big brown bear’ inside me. I'm working on it! With good wishes, Manon