“Tops as usual”

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Visited again this week, food great, atmosphere great and always a bit of fun from Tony!! Week on week Mike turn out top quality food with no probs. if your visiting Cockermouth it's a must try. Prices are not hight and an extensive wine menu is always available. But you enjoy it just as much as us!

4  Thank MULCASTER2

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I went to Portofinos one Thursday night in August for our wedding anniversary. It was the first time either of us had been. I had garlic mushrooms to start, followed by the seabass, I can't remember what starter my husband had but he had steak for his main course. The food came out quickly and was ok, nothing special at all. The restaurant was busy but because it's so small and there's no music it felt like we were sitting in someone's living room. It really didn't feel like somewhere you would go for a special occasion. The service was very good though. I think I probably would try it again but there's lots of other places I'd go first.

2  Thank GnTJill
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Have been to Portofinos on several occasions now. Have tried different dishes and have never been disappointed. Nicest penne arrrabiata I have ever tasted and the stroganoff is also wonderful. Only one gripe though that you only get one choice of either vegetables, potatoes, chips or salad with your food. Otherwise you have to order as a side dish which is at an additional charge and when you are paying £21+ for a fillet steak, plus extra for sauce, think you would expect to get both a potato dish and a vegetable dish included in the price. However ths won't put us off going again and again.

1  Thank ginandtonic10
Reviewed August 13, 2012

we went to Portofinos for the first time last night .it is a lovely cosy little place ,the food is exceptional .not cheap but value for money .the service was very good .. .pleasant waiter ,with a bit of banter .it is recommended for a special occasion ,or just to pamper a loved one.will definitely be going back ,,

2  Thank georgepayne2010
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I enjoyed the food here and would go back.The waiter was very pleasant and good fun.The food was reasonably priced and the atmosphere good.

1  Thank sarad320