“Very nice!”

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Have just celebrated a birthday and spent it at Bamboo and we were not disapoointed. We were shown to our table quickly and given prawn crackers to nibble on as we looked through the menu. We chose 4 different starters and shared them - all were lovely especially the spare ribs. We shared different main courses, rice & noodles- again all were delicious. I would say that whilst we enjoyed our meal, we did feel it was slightly pricey however the service, ambience and cleanliness could not be faulted. We will probably visit again but it will be reserved for special occasions.
I agree with a previous review - it was very difficult to book a table having phoned several different times at different times of the day but keep trying, it is worth it!!!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

It is a very lovely place but small so hard to get a booking, it is a little bit expensive but not too bad especially for the amount and quality of food that you get, there is also a takeaway service which I have not yet tried but the restaurant is lovely ordered starters and meal without thinking, ate the starter between two of us (sharing combo starter) and was immediately full and could not eat our meals but we did try them. Very nice and would recommend to anybody who likes a good Chinese.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited Bamboo with afew friends, the place is very welcoming.We had a Chinese Banquet, but there were no hard and fast rules as the the dishes requested, they were happy to serve preferred dishes. The food was excellent, and the service was exemplary. If there is a down side , perhaps the whole evening was a little expensive.This is a minor critiscism, we will be going back for special occasions.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Eaten hear a couple of weeks back. Very good food and service top notch. Re booked for another visit shortly. Only down side is that the phone is not answered during the day and there is no answer machine to leave a message. this just adds to the frustration. I want to add more people and given them more money!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Was on a working break on my own and fancied Chinese, after reading a couple of reviews I was a little nervous, but I got a table straight away although they did shove me in the back of the restaurant away from everyone else. The service was excellent, got a bowl of prawn crackers and sweet and sour sauce while I waited, which after ordering was roughly about 6 minutes. The crisps fried spring rolls were good and not tiny either. I ordered King prawn chow mein and a side order of beansprouts. I waited less than ten minutes after finishing the spring rolls. A huge plate of dark dark brown noodles dripping in soy sauce and a bowl of dark brown beansprouts followed again drowning in soy. The taste of the sauce was so over powering it kinda spoilt the meal for me not to mention my white shirt. I like soy sauce don't get me wrong but a whole litre bottle? I think not. Also the prawns which there were only about 8 were by no means king prawns, more like shrimps that had been on diet.

The price was a bit pricey I guess but I am from the South of England so am used to having to pay over the odds. Would I recommend it to others depends whether you like soy or not really