“i'll be back” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bamboo
Ranked #19 of 71 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“i'll be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I've heard many good reports of the Bamboo both for its take away and restaurant so finally took the plunge. The food was very nice the atmosphere was good and the place was almost full. Not being an expert on this cuisine I struggled to decide what to have, but that was more my fault than theirs. As is often the case I found my eyes wandering round others plates wishing I had what they where eating, but then the grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence doesn't it. Next time I think I would try the banquet to get a taste of more things.
Only downside, I thought it was on the expensive side, but I dont get out much to compare.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

London
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Tried Bamboo for the first time last weekend and was very impressed. It is a little more expensive than the other restaurants in town but the service was very good and the food excellent. I've eaten in china town in Manchester, London and New York and this was just as good. We didn't bother with the set menu. We had hot and sour soup, salt and pepper ribs and prawn toast (all amazing) , plus some noodles and a mixed curry dish. Stuffed afterwards unsurprisingly but very satisfied. I agree with the other reviewers about it being a shame they don't do a quarter duck, but it probably wasn't a bad thing as we would have ordered and it and had too much! Also good that they had New Zealand sav blanc for under £20. We'll go back for sure.

Cumbria
“outstanding food every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

we go here for special occasions even the kids like to go for their birthdays, the food is lush cooked fresh, friendly staff and owners, you really need to go and try for yourselves

• Visited May 2012
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Excellent- never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

I have been here several times and it never dissapoints! Food is great, service is great, couldn't ask for more!

Cockermouth, Cumbria
“Fabulous meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I took my son aged 11 and four friends of the same age to this restaurant for his birthday meal and what can I say but they were fabulous, food was lush, staff so patient with five hyper active 11 year olds...and I thought very reasonable cost considering how much the boys ate..... will definately be back as long as they let us lol.....

• Visited July 2012