“light entertainment” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Front Room
Ranked #28 of 71 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Telephone Number:- 01900 826655
cumbria
“light entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Congratulations Alan and family always a good night wonderful food and great crack keep up the good work

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank bellamolly

“Fresh, delicious food flexibly prepared in a warm and welcoming atmosohere. Unpretentious and elegantly understated.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My partner and I stepped in from the rainy marketplace chill, hungry and with specific dietry needs. We were greeted by friendly smiles and the lyrical strains of Spanish guitar being played by the proprieter. "Any chance of some vegan food?" I asked. "No problem at all" the reply. After being seated in the welcoming and modern dining area, the chef joined us at our table to talk through the options she'd have for my partner. We were impressed and delighted to be made so welcome in a wonderfully informal way. The food arrived in good time, looking and smelling wonderful. I was transported back to Scandinavia by smoked salmon, new potatoes and lemon & dill mayonnaise, while my partner enjoyed a warming bowl of a chickpea and potato chipotle cassole. We will definitely be return customers next time we are in Cockermouth. Hearty, healthy and homely and at a very affordable price!

1 Thank FinnMikeD
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

6 of us went to the Front Room this weekend after a 2 year gap and it was as good as it ever was. Even though we hadn't been for such a long time we were still got a very warm greeting and were made to feel as welcome as if we went every week. Apart from a small hiccup that was very quickly put right the service was second to none. The food was even better than I remembered, all 6 meals were excellent. I had the lamb stifado which was better than any I have tried in Greece, maybe due to the fact that it was lamb and not beef.

We won't be waiting another 2 years before we return

• Visited August 2012
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful food and company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was in Cockermouth for a weekend,Front Room was recommended, so glad we went,the food was so beautifully ''Home Cooked'' could not fault it,the ownwers were just so casual and friendly that I thought I was back home in my OWN FRONT ROOM,they were sheer delight.we ended up sitting with the family and eating our meal,I ask you how much more homely could it get..I WILL be returning to the front room one day I hope,hope too that thr Parry family are still there..

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank suzie046255060
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Very friendly, good prices but don't expect much from the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

This is a charming shop front restaurant serving up home cooked food in a friendly environment.
We ate here while visiting my Mum in Cockermouth and the restaurant seemed to be full of regulars and locals which is great to see.
I found the food disappointing, it was fine, but nothing more than I could have cooked at home myself.
If you fancy someone else cooking your dinner one night, this is a great place.

• Visited May 2012