“Great Food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very impressed with our meal here. Good company helped too! The surroundings weren't "to our taste" but then in a way it's nice to go somewhere that hasn't been given a corporate minimalist makeover. The food was very much to our taste.Missed out on starters so will have to go back to try them ..but then again need to leave room for the "suprise plate" for pud - selection of about 5 mini puds, really good value at £6.50.(Fab Creme brulee and it wasn't very mini) What impressed me most was that even though the steak was meant to come with veg my friend wanted chips, onion rings and mushrooms -with no fuss at all that's what he got - specially cooked on a very busy (pretty much full) Sat eve. Main courses were great too - lovely sauces, meat cooked to perfection and the best roast potatoes I've ever had (sorry father-in law, yours are now 2nd best) We don't eat out very often but when we do we'll be back.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I dined at the Manor House last night wth colleagues. The food was fantastic, I had a sreak for main that was cooked perfectly with a Stilton Sauce & it also came with a great selection of fresh vegetables. For dessert I went for the surprise plate which I thought was excellent.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

We have been dining here for years and the food just gets better. all thanks to the genius in the kitchen namely Eddie Bassam, thanks to front of house Jane, Carol Ann, and Jackie, who are always there to look after your every need.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

One of the disadvantages of living in a small town like Cockermouth is that there is a paucity of good restaurants.Travelling further afield for supper is difficult because I will not drink and drive and a taxi would see the cost of the evening almost doubling so for routine occasions I dine out locally.

It was a tuesday evening. There were no other diners apart from myself and Kit. We chose a table near the bay window.

We took the drinks we had orfdered from the bar through to the dining area and I ordered another bottle of wine for us to enjoy with our meal.

i would rate the food here as consistent , but sadly that does not lift it higher than a six or seven out of ten.
The best part of the meal was the dessert.

Price wise it didnt burn a hole in my pocket , but then the meal didnt set my taste buds alight with excitement either .

I have moved from Cockermouth now but if I ever returned there I would I suppose find it necessary to dine here again

1  Thank gingerrover33
Reviewed October 26, 2011

had a night out at the manor house in cockermouth the food was fantastic and we enjoyed all the 3 courses we have been before and never been let down thank you
GED sCOTT