“Charming Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bitter End Pub

The Bitter End Pub
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Neots, United Kingdom
“Charming Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a lovely meal and found the pub to be really charming. The staff were very helpful and the pub was very child friendly.
Was clean and had a really nice atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013

Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“The Bitter End by the Bitter Beck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Excellent food, nice service, pleasant surroundings. Walls have many historic pictures of the town. I often eat there myself. In Winter they have a wood stove which supplements the heating and gives a nice atmosphere. The food is cooked upstairs.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tom, H
lancashire
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Despite booking over a week in advance we found the table we had booked was not available and neither was an apology. The menu has shrunk to just basics since our last visit and the microwave was obviously not on full power as both the pie and lasagne were served cold in the middle.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank sunseekers017
“A right real suprise!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was staying locally on a business trip. I called the Bitter End and a lovely welcoming voice answered.
I was concerned that with the walk into town we would miss last orders for food, upon telling the lady this on the phone she promptly said, 'leave it to me, I'll call you back', 2 mins later I was in a cab on the way to the Bitter End!
On arrival I was greeted with a table already laid up, then asked what I would like to drink, I'll bring it over! The beer was very good, the food (homemade burger) was also very tasty and served pretty quickly, with a friendly atmosphere to boot! I would definstely recommend anyone to make a visit!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brill!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

the food and service were great nothing could fault this little gem of a pub a must go if you visit cockermouth