“Well worth a stay”

and 1 more site!
Park House Guest House
Ranked #60 of 102 Ambleside B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Could not fault this Guest House. The owners Paul and Diane make you more than welcome, breakfast was out of this world!! Great location and views are beautiful looking onto Windermere Fells!! Handy for all restaurants, bars and shops not to mention the walks from Ambleside and the pier for boats. Would defo stay here again pass the word on!!

Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights from 27th July. Paul and Diane are fantastic hosts and always help with anything you may need. We had a double and a single room for the 3 nights and both rooms were perfect for what we needed(bonus the price included a parking space).The location is great and very central. Extremely clean, breakfast is fantastic and over all a pleasure to stay... We will be going back again.
Thank-you Paul and Diane from guests in rooms 5 and 6

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We Stayed at the Park House for 3 nights. Very Friendly, Excellent Location. The Rooms were Spotless and the beds very comfy. Highly recommend this b&b to anyone visiting Ambleside. Would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The park house is clean and modern,but our room/bathroom were very small and although the breakfast was nice the dinning area was also very small, you were literally only a few centimeters away from the next table which was a little awkward- we hardly feel like speaking to each other never mind strangers at 8.30 in the morning!!... friendly? err not especially personally we found the atmosphere a bit formal... i would be inclined to agree with the lady who said Paul wasn't flexible ; since we had arrived late we asked if perhaps we could check out maybe half in hour later which, we were told was out of the question...... having worked in customer service for a long time i'm all for service with a smile, and i think that if you show little interest and are helpful ,go that extra mile- that counts for a lot and since that was very much lacking i don't think we 'd be staying there again...Karen & Troy

Room Tip: choose front room only. we were on the side and over looking a roof top!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just got back from staying here and recommend to it to others. Rooms are clean, breakfast is lovely and lots of variety something for everyone. Excellent location for Ambleside town centre. Owners are lovely and very friendly would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. I'd read reviews previous to staying and some people said it was very noisy in the bedrooms at the front. Apart from the odd late night reveller passing by we found it to be extremely peaceful. Fantastic location for walking to the shops and restaurants in the evening. Our host (we only met one) was very accommodating and friendly and he was even kind enough to return my expensive hair straighteners that I'd stupidly left behind! The room was very clean and there was plenty of space for clothes etc. There was no bath and the shower cubicle was a little on the small size, but very modern and clean. Breakfast was varied and very filling! I would recommend this B&B to friends.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have not actually stayed here but were planning to stay recently. The Park House does not allow children under 15 so we had arranged a babysitter (my mum) to look after our little boy. The day before we were due to stay, my brother who still lives with my mum found out he had chicken pox so there was no way my mum could babysit. I therefore rang the hotel to explain the situation and asked if I could change the date of our stay as we had paid for the room in full. I was told there was nothing they could do. I left it until the night before when I rang again to ask if they could sell the room, would they give me a refund - this they said they would try and do. However, I had to suggest it as they did not offer to do this! It turned out they were unable to sell the room and I did not get my money back. I feel very disappointed in the hotel for showing no compassion as we were very much looking forward to our stay at the Park House and felt they could have given a part refund at least to show goodwill. I know if we plan to rearrange our trip, we will look to book a different B&B which is more flexible.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple