We found one that was brilliant. Due to a very hectic year last year I decided to treat my wife to a romantic weekend away just after Christmas and after doing a bit of research booked into Crow How in January, after a family emergency I had to rearrange to booking to the 27 & 28th of March. The owner was very helpful and understanding. I had booked into Room one especially for the four poster bed, but the bathroom was equally luxurious witha cast iron victorian roll top bath and a shower enclosure big enough for 2. We were greeted warmly at recepton and I was immeditely asked it I would like to park my Motorcycle in the hotels garage (next to the owners bike) which i though was a nice gesture. The room was immaculate and looked absolutely stunning, the bed was comfortable and extra pillows and blankets were available. The bathroom again immaculate and loaded with nice toiletries and plenty of fluffy white towels. We really enjoyed our stay at Crow How, the view was lovely and the owner/staff couldn'y have been more helpful and friendly. The breakfast was very well prepared, full cooked breakfast, it wasn't in the slightest bit greasy and only top class ingreients used. The information pack in the room provided some nice details such as short walks in the area surrounding the Hotel. All in all a simply lovely weekend in a gorgeous hotel made even better by great staff.
Location: United Kingdom > England > Cumbria > Lake District > Ambleside
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 102 B&Bs / Inns in Ambleside
Price Range: $136 - $193 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Crow How Country Guest House 4*
Number of rooms: 9
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in a stunning rural setting in the historic Rydal Valley amidst the fells, this grand Victorian building was built as a farm house in 1848 from the stones of ancient Rydal Hall, before being converted into a Country Guest House in the early 1930's. Set in our own 2 acre gardens Crow How has been sympathetically renovated to provide you with a perfect base to explore the beautiful Lake District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crow How Country Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crow How Country House Hotel Ambleside
- Crow How Country Guest House Ambleside, Lake District