“Meat eaters should try this vegetarian restaurant”
Review of Zeffirellis

Zeffirellis
Ranked #12 of 121 Restaurants in Ambleside
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Heavy rain constrained my choice of restaurant to those closest to the B&B. Although I'm not vegetarian I decided to sample this and I was impressed. Efficient and friendly service from the eastern European waitresses and nice décor and ambience. Varied menu with dishes to appeal to all but the most ferocious carnivores, I had an excellent soup and then a good lentil ragu, maybe not as flavoursome as a classic beef ragu but worth trying. Two courses and a glass of house wine came to £23. People tend to eat out earlier than in cities, when I arrived without a reservation at 1930 the restaurant was very busy and when I finished an hour later it was noticeably quieter. Enticing meal deals available for those going to a film at the attached cinema.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Another Ambleside restaurant which has never disappointed. Wonderful vegetarian food, great décor, superb staff. What more could you want

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Lovely relaxing atmosphere, very enjoyable time spent there and looking forward to returning there on our next visit

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I personally am not a vegetarian but found the menu so varied that I don't believe anyone would have a problem finding something they could really enjoy. My partner is a vegetarian who also suffers from a but allergy and so eating out is sometimes more challenging than for other people. However at zeffs this is not a problem at all. We went for a meal on the Friday night and enjoyed it so much we went back on the Saturday to try something different and will definitely be going back again and again! Absolutely gorgeous food, the chef is more than a genius.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had heard about Zeffs on previous trips and this time we were determined to try it. We were not disappointed.
The web site could have been clearer about meal / film deals, but a quick phone call and we were sorted. Although we were not veggie, and this is a veggie restaurent of course, the food was really imaginative and nice. Good atmosphere and attentive service. The film we had chosen to watch was at their other cinema, in an old church about three minutes walk away. Although this was not clear initially, it did not prove to be problematic. The deal is £18.50 each for two courses and the cinema, plus drinks. Really good value. We will be back.