“Tasty Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zeffirellis

Zeffirellis
Ranked #13 of 116 Restaurants in Ambleside
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Tasty Italian Food”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Varied menu - as well as pizzas there were some dishes with a twist eg sweet potato wedges. Good sized portions. Food was very tasty especially the home made ginger meringue.

Visited March 2013

Glasgow
“Excellent food, lovely atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had dinner here one Thursday night whilst visiting Ambleside, I'm a vegetarian but my partner isn't, & even after browsing the menu outside he still didn't realise it was completely vegetarian food! He was more than happy with the amount of choice and so was I, never having dined in an all-veggie restaurant and usually being stuck with one or two boring veggie choices in most other places. The inside is stunning, all low lighting, flowers and even a back-lit water wall, it wasn't particularly busy but it was only around 6pm, and the staff were attentive and quick taking our drinks and food orders without hovering around. We had the parmesan polenta with goats cheese to start along with the 'ultimate nibbles', which were both amazing, and I had the mushroom tagliatelle with dolcelatte sauce and parmesan, which I ate every bit of despite being a big portion, my partner had the vesuvian bean chilli which again was big portion and he finished the lot. The food was reasonable and the quality fantastic, I would defintely make sure to eat here again when in Ambleside, and even non-vegetarians are sure to find something on the menu they like.

St. Neots, United Kingdom
“Lovely but solely Vegetarian”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant with great staff and the food was superb. However the food was totally vegetarian which is not clear when booking or entering the restaurant. I am happy with veggie food however my husband had wanted a meaty pizza and this was not to be had.
Many people told us during our week's stay that it was not well advertised as a vegetarian restaurant. I knew the sister restaurant was veggie but thought that there would be a meat choice here. My mistake, not theirs. However the food service and quality of the restaurant are superb

Preston, United Kingdom
“Always great food”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We ate here as part of the meal deal offered by Yewfield. We've eaten here before and always had delicious food, great choice. Staff very welcoming.

Visited March 2013
N. Ireland
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Tried here on a recent visit to Ambleside. We've been here 3 years running but this was our first visit to Zeffirellis. I now wonder what took us so long. After looking into many empty restaurants around town we wanted somewhere with a bit of atmosphere. It appears that this is where everyone was. It was buzzing ! We hadn't booked but received a very warm welcome and were shown to a table immediately. The decor was lovely and menu exciting and reasonably priced. We had 2 courses with wine and all the food was excellent. The service was very efficient and friendly. We intend to visit the lakes again next year and will definitely return. Highly recommend.