“One of Ambleside's Best, if not THE best”
Review of Glass House - CLOSED

Glass House
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We always eat lunch at the Glass House when visiting Ambleside and this weekend was no exception.

We had the soup and sandwich option off the light bites menu. The soup was lovely and thick and the sandwiches were tasty and filling too. No complaints. Good service. Nice environment.

The price and setting is good. We like it here and will continue to return.

faz8101, Owner at Glass House, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and your custom and we look forward to welcoming you again when next in the area.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Was really looking forward to our meal here for my partners birthday, he had pate and I had olives to start , pate was ok and you can't go wrong with olives. He got steak for main which he said was ok but very overpriced for sirloin steak at £22 which were served with skinny fries and one mushroom. I chose fish pie which came with nothing just fish pie in a bowl, when it came it smelt terrible and was dubious about eating it but I'm not one to complain and was hungry so picked at it, my partner said he could smell it from where he was sitting across from me, so I left half of it hoping I wasn't going to be ill later on. He got a pint of beer which he left as he said it was terrible and I got a glass of wine which was ok, we are not fussy people when it comes to food but we would never go back there. The bill came to £55 which in my opinion for what we were served and value for money was atrocious, never again!!!

6  Thank dkfly
faz8101, Owner at Glass House, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for your review maybe we should have offered you a pen and paper instead of verbally asking you was everything ok with your meal. Sorry you found it difficult to understand the menu, expecting sides of vegetables to accompany the mains. The biggest giveaway is when we took your order you where asked "would you care for any side dishes" You silly billies. Sorry your fish pie smelt funny, we cant seem to get rid of that fresh fish aroma. We really appreciate you eating 85% of it, to all the other customers that chose it that night and injured that fresh made to order dish, I Thank you. Regarding your partners beer, why did he not say, it could quite easily have been changed, sorry forgot, you don't like to complain do you. Sorry you wont be returning to see us again, its been emotional.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

First time we have visited here - staff friendly and attentive. The food choices were excellent and price wise comparable to other places in the area. Our starter and main courses were well presented and delicious - wanted to try a dessert but too full to fit one in ! would def go again when in the area. Every seemed clean and tidy.

faz8101, Owner at Glass House, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, our job is made so much easier and enjoyable serving customers such as yourselves. We look forward to welcoming you again when your next in the area.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Always play guess the bill, didnt come close. 2 bottles of wine 5 starters, mains and 3 desserts, 5 coffees and drinks with tip £175.00. REALLY GOOD FOOD. service quick and smiley, restaurant beautiful and very clean. Love the loo's.

faz8101, Owner at Glass House, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your review, putting my prices up as I type, ha-ha only joking. People always think of the Glass House being expensive but its not. Cheers for noting that. hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Prefect night. prawns and duck to start followed by lamb and pheasant, finish with hot chocolate mousse to share. well done glasshouse. service best ever, building beautiful, love choice of music. will be back.

Always a pleasure when you visit. Cheers for another great review. Promise to keep prawns on the menu, haha.