We have stayed at the Log House a couple of times and have found it to be very handy for both Ambleside village and also for the great Log House restaurant (our favourite restaurant in Ambleside). The rooms are small but clean - the 3 rooms are in the roof of the restaurant so are not big on space, but are nice and cosy to come back to after a day out and about. This place is good for short breaks. The owners are friendly and the breakfast is great (choice of either cornflakes or a big fry up). Great for couples or a solo traveller as a base to explore Ambleside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Log House is a beautiful log cabin on the outskirts of Ambleside town centre and a moments walk from Lake Windermere. The building itself has been shipped over from Norway by renowned artist Alfred Heaton Cooper, and still has its original log beams. We have 3 bedrooms, a restaurant and bar area and downstairs we have a lovely cosey lounge for you to sit and relax in, reading books or playing board games. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Log House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Log House Hotel Ambleside
- The Log House Ambleside, Lake District