We stayed at this hotel for one night only and we found it to be a great experience. There are only three rooms so we received personal service. The staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful but not in an overbearing way. Although compact, the room had everything needed, including a hairdryer, DVD player and lovely views in two directions.
Both the evening meal and breakfast were superb. We will definitely eat here again next time we are in the area.
The one negative point was that the shower was in the bedroom and separate to the toilet/sink, however this is a minor inconvenience on a short break and because of the geography of the room it is the only solution.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Log House is a beautiful log cabin on the outskirts of Ambleside town centre and a moments walk from Lake Windermere. The building itself has been shipped over from Norway by renowned artist Alfred Heaton Cooper, and still has its original log beams. We have 3 bedrooms, a restaurant and bar area and downstairs we have a lovely cosey lounge for you to sit and relax in, reading books or playing board games. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Log House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Log House Hotel Ambleside
- The Log House Ambleside, Lake District