Easedale Lodge
Langdale Hotel(Ambleside)
$178
  • Pool
Glen Rothay Hotel(Rydal)(Great Value!)
$106
The Fisherbeck(Ambleside)
$136
TripAdvisor
1,232 results
All reviewssarah daveb blake districtnothing is too much troublewarm welcomehome from homeon site parkinggreat hostshigh standardfull englishattention to detailmueslireal bonusbreakfast was excellentfantastic staycentral locationguest house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The main reason I chose Easedale Lodge on my recent trip to Ambleside was because of it's very high ranking on tripadvisor and having stayed there now I can say that's a ranking that is thoroughly deserved. In an ideal location bang in the middle of Ambleside, the rooms are extremely comfortable with lots of bespoke touches and wonderfully welcoming and friendly hosts in Sarah and Dave - I'd absolutely recommend Easedale Lodge for anyone travelling to Ambleside.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Easedale Lodge has all the things you would naturally expect from an excellent B&B: immaculate rooms and bathrooms, decent breakfast, good location and reasonable prices. But what makes Easedale exceptional is Dave and Sarah. They couldn't be more helpful, and that makes a huge difference. I mention reading the website carefully because some of the rooms (cozy doubles I think) have separate bathrooms (only across the landing or next to the room). These aren't shared with other guests (they're private), but you will obviously need to leave your room when you want to go to the bathroom. Bathrobes are provided. I accidentally booked one of these and while I was fine with this, I would have paid the £10 extra pn for an ensuite room had I known. Others have commented on the size of the cozy doubles: it was fine for me, a 5ft 3in girl who travels light and naturally puts things away in cupboards, but my partner, who is a very untidy 6ft man, really struggled. I had to constantly put his things away to create space. The other thing worth mentioning here is the warm and friendly atmosphere. This B&B seems to attract friendly people! Perhaps the complimentary sherry in the living room doesn't hurt! We actually stayed here a few years ago when it was under different ownership (see my old review below) and I can say that Dave and Sarah are doing a sterling job of preserving and even improving the excellent quality of Easedale Lodge.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We booked this hotel at the last minute for a one-night stay, and the location was perfect, being two minutes walk away from the centre, and also with on-site parking, which can be difficult to find in Ambleside. Sarah and Dave were very friendly hosts, and the guest house itself had a lovely atmosphere and was spotlessly clean throughout. Our room (7) was right at the top of the building, and while it overlooked a busy corner of the road, by late evening it had quietened down and we had no issues with traffic noise when trying to sleep.

The room itself was en suite, had everything you could need - TV, radio, hospitality tray, and while it was very comfortable, and the available space was used well, the bathroom was a bit too small, and required a bit of shuffling to open the sliding door without bumping into the sink! As we were only staying for one night this wasn't a problem, but if we were returning for a longer stay, we would go for one of the bigger rooms.

The cooked breakfast was delicious, and there were also a choice of cereals, hot drinks and juices, which set you up very nicely for a day's walking in the Lakes! We would definitely look at booking here again should we stay in Ambleside in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Dave and Sarah were the perfect hosts. They could not have been nicer, more than ready to help us with anything we needed. My mom left her hat at a restaurant in town and they were nice enough to fetch it for us. The rooms were very clean. The whole place had a ton of personality, very artistically decorated. The breakfast was delicious, even the black pudding-quite a thing for an American to say.

Room Tip: All are great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 519JenH
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and me spent 5 nights here at the beginning of July. It exudes comfort, quality and style and is the perfect location for touring The Lakes. The impressive hotel website tells all but it cannot begin to convey the unsurpassed hospitality and friendliness of the owners, Dave and Sarah, who instinctively find the ideal balance between being accessible and attentive and allowing privacy. We left knowing that a warm welcome would await us if we should manage to return, which we hope to do one day.