Just returned from a two night stay at the West Vale. Thoroughly enjoyed it!!! The hotel was immaculate and spotlessly clean. The setting was picture postcard perfect. The service was faultless and the hosts couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast was very well presented, plentiful and a very enjoyable start to the day. What more can we say???
The day we arrived the owner Dee told us about a nice walk nearby which we later found out led us to Moss Eccles tarn, which was once owned and frequented by Beatrix Potter. We thought that was a great start to our time spent there.
We would definitely consider returning to West Vale in the future. My wife and I would both thoroughly recommend it for a short stay break,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep in the heart of the Lake District National Park on the edge of the village of Far Sawrey you will find West Vale Country House an idyillic small retreat where you can escape and leave your cares behind This stunning location overlooks Grizedale Forest The Old Man of Coniston and the surrounding area is a pot-pourri of cultural historical and architectural gems as Beatrix Potters Cottage Brantwood Holker Hall Dove Cottage and Levens Hall ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Booking.com so you can book your West Vale Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Vale County Hotel
- West Vale County Ambleside
- West Vale Country House Ambleside, Lake District