My umpteenth stay at the Cherry Garth, lovely to see the same cheery faces at the desk when everywhere else in Ambleside seems to be up for sale or just sold...
Fab breakfast as always, lovely addition of fresh fruit and plenty of it, rounds of toast, nothing seems too much trouble!
Our room was smashing, clean and welcoming, the front garden was fabulous in the warm weather and we love not having to hunt out car parking because of the onsite parking.
See you next trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cherry Garth is a 19th-century traditional Lakeland house situated in Ambleside village in the heart of the Lake District. Cherry Garth is family owned and run by sisters Amy and Viv and is superbly positioned less than five minutes walk from both the centre of Ambleside and Lake Windermere. Guests benefit from a sunny south-westerly aspect with wonderful views over the surrounding Lakeland fells. We have a large private car park at the bottom of our garden, just off the main road into Ambleside. Cherry Garth is a non-smoking house which welcomes well behaved pets. We have 11 en-suite bedrooms including four-poster, deluxe and family sized rooms. All rooms have tea & coffee making facilities and flatscreen TV with built in DVD. The landscaped garden features level lawns, attractive sitting areas, an ornamental pond and a wide variety of mature flowering shrubs and bushes. The house and garden are floodlit each evening, allowing guests to take in the view and watch the sun setting whilst sitting outside enjoying a drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Cherry Garth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Garth Hotel Ambleside
- Cherry Garth Ambleside, Lake District