After reading some of the reviews, we were a bit worried and arrived at Cherry Garth not expecting much, we arrived around 2pm and we were checked in quickly and shown to our room on the second floor(room 10)and we were very pleasantly surprised. The room was lovely, a large velux window with a fantastic view of the mountains, wrought iron bed, stone feature wall, white furniture and wicker chairs & a spacious clean bathroom, teas/coffee/hot choc & ovaltine replaced everyday, even a hairdryer was in the drawer, and a powerful heater in the wardrobe if you got cold. We had to wonder if we just hit it lucky and got a 'good' room or if the people writing the bad reviews were just extremely picky, but we happened to see another couple of rooms whilst they were being cleaned and they were equally as nice as ours if not even nicer. The rest of the B&B was nice & clean, the carpets were spotless, nice furniture, the breakfast room especially was lovely, with a big fireplace, fish tank and summer-doors giving a great view of the garden where you could sit with a drink on the couch looking out. There were lots of free leaflets about Ambleside and the lakes, walking advice etc. The B&B is situated just a 5-10 minute walk from the town centre if you turn right, where you'll find lots of pubs and restaurants, or if you go left when leaving the b&b you'll reach the lakes, again in 5-10 minutes so it really is situated in the ideal spot. We left and came back to change etc several times during the day/night and I loved the feeling that you weren't in anyones way and could come and go as you pleased, I haven't felt like this in any other b&b before. The breakfast was delicious and I liked the fact they catered for vegetarians too with veggie sausages, cereals, pastries, fruits & yogurt. It was heavy snow during our trip which only added to the beauty of the area, we would love to stay at Cherry Garth again in summer, and I genuinely can't understand the bad reviews!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cherry Garth is a 19th-century traditional Lakeland house situated in Ambleside village in the heart of the Lake District. Cherry Garth is family owned and run by sisters Amy and Viv and is superbly positioned less than five minutes walk from both the centre of Ambleside and Lake Windermere. Guests benefit from a sunny south-westerly aspect with wonderful views over the surrounding Lakeland fells. We have a large private car park at the bottom of our garden, just off the main road into Ambleside. Cherry Garth is a non-smoking house which welcomes well behaved pets. We have 11 en-suite bedrooms including four-poster, deluxe and family sized rooms. All rooms have tea & coffee making facilities and flatscreen TV with built in DVD. The landscaped garden features level lawns, attractive sitting areas, an ornamental pond and a wide variety of mature flowering shrubs and bushes. The house and garden are floodlit each evening, allowing guests to take in the view and watch the sun setting whilst sitting outside enjoying a drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Cherry Garth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Garth Hotel Ambleside
- Cherry Garth Ambleside, Lake District