We stayed here for three nights. Our room was brilliant with a kingsize bed, double ended bath and a walk in shower. The room was spotless and very warm, this was a bonus as during our stay it seemed to rain all the time. The water was very hot and this was very welcome after a long walk in the rain over the fells. The location is very good, you can leave your car at the hotel and its only a 10 walk into the centre of Ambleside.
I would recommend Jade Garden and Ambles to eat, both had very good service. Ambles used all local produce and once again the staff were wonderful. I would however advise to stay clear of Queens Hotel, said they used local produce but my pie tasted like it had been in a microwave and my partner food was very poor quality.
The breakfast at the Fisherbeck are brilliant, but its not a time to be on a diet. Its very hard to say no to fresh baked muffins ect....
I can't wait to stay here again and hopefully with some dry weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE FISHERBECK. When you are away from home you want to be comfortable, so why not relax on our luxury leather sofas, enjoy a glass of wine, cool beer, cappuccino or latte, perhaps with a little something from our light bite menu. And then sleep easy in one of our individually designed bedrooms, some with fantastic views, balcony, spa bath or king size bed.If you are looking for a truly hearty well cooked breakfast, for several years we have been the recipients of the Good Breakfast Award. We make our own muesli, granola, breakfast muffins and rum butter. Eggs are collected direct from the farm for absolute freshness. Award winning bacon, sausage and black pudding are sourced locally and our smoked haddock and salmon are some of the finest in the north of England, all cooked for you personally. If you want to be well located with really great views of Loughrigg Fell and onwards to the Langdale Pikes, an easy stroll to shops, restaurants and the lake, we really are perfectly located in Ambleside right in the heart of The Lake District. Our 18 bedrooms are all en-suite and three feature balconies overlooking magnificent Lakeland views opposite. Supremely comfortable, the rooms are equipped with all the facilities you need for a luxurious stay in the heart of this most beautiful area. Our sheltered garden provides a tranquill place to relax and admire the glorious panoramic view of the Langdale Pikes, Wansfell and Loughrigg Fell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your The Fisherbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- The Fisherbeck Ambleside, Lake District