My fiancée and I stayed at the Lakehouse on Friday 15th March, 2013. We arrived early (before check-in time) and the staff were very friendly and professional, advising we can leave the car in the car park, go and explore and our room will be ready by 1pm. We came back, check-in was a swift process and we were shown to our room. We loved how we were offered help with our bags, it's the little details that count. We were in room 9 on the top floor. It was spotless, very clean indeed. Modern bathroom (the shower was really powerful - we both loved it!), very comfortable bed, pillows and sheets, as well as a flat screen on the wall, with DVD capabilities.
We dined at the sister-hotel, The Regent, and as we were staying at the Lakehouse, we were able to get 10% off the food bill. The food was lovely, as was the décor. The discount made the meal for two a reasonable price.
We had a great night's sleep and in the morning went for breakfast, which is served between 8am and 10am. Again, it was smiles and courtesy all round from all members of staff, they genuinely couldn't help you enough and we were both made to feel welcome and at home. Tea and coffee was brought over more or less instantly and the array of food available from the breakfast bar was vast. We both opted for a full English, it was excellently cooked in our opinion, and set us up for the day ahead!
Check-out was just as smooth and professional as the rest of our stay, we were dealt with straight away by the lady on reception, again smiles on faces and offering advice and guidance on places to visit and things to do.
This is the first review I've written on TripAdvisor - I thought it necessary because of the service we received. We couldn't fault the place or staff, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family run country house has spectacular views across Waterhead Bay, Windermere Loughrigg Fell and the Langdale Peaks as well as offering stylish, modern and luxurious accommodation. With its country house atmosphere combined with stylish decor and modern luxury touches, not to mention its eighteen gorgeous bedrooms and wonderful raised vistas, Lake House is a perfect place to stay and make your own. Come together in the large, light dining and living area with stunning lake views, or find your own space to relax and escape on one of the lovely reading landings or from the privacy of your large bedroom. Lake House manages to combine grandeur and intimacy in private surroundings for all occasions. Please note, due to the relaxing nature of the building rooms are not suitable for children.Each of the 18 bedrooms are decorated and fitted to the highest standards, all en-suite with TV with DVD, CD players and tea/coffee making facilities. Some superior rooms feature four poster beds and have the best views over Lake Windermere.Traditional Lakeland breakfast is served in the dining room with an array of continental breads, cereals and fruit with wonderful lake and mountain views. Full English is set out for you to help yourself and there are trays for you to take it all up to your room if you so wish - breakfast in bed do it yourself style!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake House Hotel Ambleside
- Lake House Ambleside, Lake District