“Pampered and relaxed”
Review of Oxley's at Ambleside - CLOSED

Oxley's at Ambleside
More attraction details
Owner description: Oxley's at Ambleside is a haven of peace & tranquillity. Escape from it all and experience the relaxing and rejuvenating effects of time spent at an Oxley's Spa. Situated in the centre of Ambleside, surrounded by the lakes and fells of the English Lake District, our Spa reflects the natural beauty and serenity of the area. If you're short on time treatments start from half an hour but we'd love you to stay longer and put your feet up with a magazine and a drink in our relaxation lounge or, for the ultimate in relaxation, treat yourself to one of our Spa Days. Treatments include indulgent massages, detoxifying body wraps, beautifying facials, manicures & pedicures, Kissed by Mii spray tans and a range of holistic therapies. Spa Days include treatments from half an hour to three hours, full use of the leisure facilities and a delicious lunch. We now also offer a half-day Mini Spa Experience. We use only the finest pure, natural and where possible, organic spa products including Decleor, Neom, Jessica and Live Native. For over 40 years Decleor have studied the multitude of positive effects in essential oils and their benefits for the skin and senses. They are one of the most internationally trusted and respected professional spa brands.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Went for a mini spa day with my gf. It was all very proffessional and you are looked after very well from when you enter.
There was no problem parking in the hotel car park.
The girls running the spa were very attentive and made sure you knew everything and had everything catered for.
The spa facilities belong to the hotel.
We went in the gym first, it is very nice and very high tech, but not your average gym, more catering for cardio than any weight training, but it is a hotel gym after all.
You have an electronic key you put in the equipment, I didn't find this very useful and they didn't all work properly.
We then went in the pool and other spa facilities, the pool is very clean, 1.2 m throughout and a good size.
At the side there is a jacuzzi.
At one end a steam room, sauna and a tropical shower which is brill, it's not what you expect, is like a rainforest experience, a fine mist which drenches you. Went in both steam room and sauna. The steam room had a eucalyptus scent.
Outside there is a Canadian hot tub. Very nice and we did get to go in, although when the area gets busy you might have to wait as there is really only room for six people at most.
The relaxation room is lovely, you look down on Ambleside retail area. The seats are arranged a little strange I thought with the screen between two seats close to each other and a gap to the next, when I first walked in with my partner, I wasn't sure where it was best to sit.but we were ok and it certainly is a place you can fall asleep.
The treatment rooms are behind you and we had a great experience with what we had chosen.
The changing room for the men was a little cramped as the other was closed but it was ok.
Overall it was a wonderful experience and well worth our afternoons indulgence.
Fully recommend the mini spa day for an afternoon. You really are left to do what you want and as long as you respect the facilities and other people there are no real rules given to you like some places.

3  Thank Steve H

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The staff were fantastic. We were made so welcome and the facilities were lovely. A great lunch on our spa day and would certainly return.

2  Thank Jo S
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have just been for my second spa day and I would say it is worth every penny. It's like entering another world. The location is beautiful, with the relaxation area looking out onto Ambleside. The treatments are out of this world. The facilities are superb and the ambience is just the most relaxing I've ever experienced and the lunch is incredibly scrumptious. I visited on my own but did not feel uncomfortable in the least. Although a very chilly day in February, the treatment room was just the right temperature, everywhere else was plenty warm enough, the pool too was a very pleasant temperature. I can't wait to go back again, very soon!!
Only one slightly more neutral comment regarding parking. Although if there is space you can park in the hotel car park but if a hotel guest requires the space then you'd have to move which could spoil the experience so I would say just be prepared to park in the main Ambleside car park which cost me £7 for the day but is better than thinking you may have to move your car half way through the day

4  Thank Karen C
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had a lovely relaxing treatment today, as always staff were friendly and polite, would recommend, the perfect location for a bit of pampering, especially after sporting tired muscles from walking!

1  Thank SamandJessMum
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Very clean pool and changing facilities. Gym a little small but had a good variety of equipment. Good value for money the 'light lunch' was great nice selection and plenty of it, not light though no complaints. Friendly relaxed staff. Got bubbles as we were a hen party. Only criticism was that the hen was entitled to a free treatment and they didn't offer it when we got there do we had to remind them but Did get it for her.

3  Thank spudvictor