Langdale Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa(Grasmere)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Oak Bank Hotel(Grasmere)
Grasmere Hotel(Grasmere)
1,467 results
All reviewssignature roomwainwrights pubterrace barwaterside roomtime sharefellside roomselemis toiletriesultimate roomsbuilding workspa treatmentsspa arealake districtswimming poolsteam roommain restaurantleisure facilitieshigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and consider it to be a real find. We stayed in the attic room which was fabulous with a great big copper roll top bath. Room had all the extras you would expect and some you wouldn't. I would say though that don't go to this hotel if you want a cheap break. It is a bit pricey but my wife and I thought it was well worth the money. Cheaper meals and drinks can be found at wainrights pub 5 mins down the road, which is still part of the complex. We found all the staff to be professional and friendly and felt the whole place had a calming atmosphere - not at all stuffy or unwelcoming. Note that checkout time is 10.30, which we found to be a little early as we wanted to use the pool and sauna etc. so we paid £20 to extend until 1pm. On reflection we needn't have bothered as you can still use the facilities after you've checked out and found the pool changing rooms to be perfectly adequate. Really feel like we've found a relaxing haven so will definitely return.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janmar2010
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed for two nights & enjoyed our stay, we had a signature room which was well appointed with large bed, jacuzzi bath, fridge, large TV and wifi.
The place as a whole has a kind of center parcs type feel, the staff mostly were great apart from one waiter in the terrace restaurant but the other lad with the big hair was really pleasant & funny, one young waitress with blonde hair at breakfast was also great and very friendly, I hope these two get recognition!
We tried the wainwright pub on night one which was superb with outside tables and great beers and views, the breakfasts were very nice and despite some other rude customers the staff were excellent and did well the bite their tongues!
Yes it's not cheap but I think you pay for what you get and for a well situated Lakes holiday I would recommend this hotel.
As stated we tried the terrace restaurant and the food and wine was top class

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The Langdale Hotel & Spa (née Langdale Country Club) is a perfect place for families, couples - yeah, you know what I mean ;-) and conferences. I've stayed here under all three circumstances and it's just got a welcoming feel to the place. The facilities and décor strike a clever balance between stylish and comfortable, there are several options for dining: both the formal restaurant and bistro offer good value, tasty food.

The pool/jacuzzi/sauna facilities are clean, well-designed and big enough for a lot of guests. You can pay to use the facilities as a non-resident if you wish.

There are comfortable lounges, a spa and the rooms are tastefully furnished with recent refurbishments welcome. Parking is tight around the satellite rooms complexes which is the only downside I can think of. Last time we visited they had electric cars to hire as an activity.

Treat yourself and go for a few nights to The Langdale.

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I booked a room for three nights. Due to an emergency I had to cancel my booking. As it was a day before after 12pm they charged me the full price for the most expensive night £185.00 for cancellation. Not at all helpful and accommodating. Some times things do happen that are out of your control. Made sure that I don't book with them again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Sak610
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Just spent the weekend at the above Hotel. Have been before, but it never fails to impress.
Everything one could wish for at a Lake District Countryside Hotel. Great food in Purdeys, good gym, good pool, and some excellent walks fro the Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family