“Amazing!!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Based on the Tirp Advisor reviews and rating for Atelier my boyfriend and I decided to have dinner here on our final night of a trip to the Lake District, we were not disappointed! The food here is amazing, the Chef is some sort of talented food genius, honestly one of the best meals my boyfriend and I have ever had and we have eaten in some fancy places. The service was excellent, we were made to be comfortable and welcome. We managed 3 courses because it was all looked so good, the venison and sea bass were excellent and although we were absolutely stuffed at the end of an amazing meal, we were given little bits of butter fudge with the bill which was as delicious as the rest of the meal. The atmosphere was also great as it was relaxed despite all the work going on behind the scenes! Atelier have it spot on, will definitely return on our next visit to the Lakes!

1  Thank Amzie_C
ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Your review certainly puts a spring in one's step!!
Chef's smile was like the Cheddar Gorge - so MANY, MANY thanks for that.
It was a pleasure to have contributed to an enjoyable evening, particularly as you were such a CUTE couple!!
The accolades and the recommendation are MUCH appreciated.
All the best for 2014.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Seriously, incredible. I am still pondering how Chef cooked my steak so well and it's 8 months since I ate here. Chef is clearly a woman who just loves and lives and breathes food. Sorry for posting my review so late, I'm new to tripadvisor.
I have been lucky enough to eat in a couple of Michelin starred restaurants and Atelier is right up there with them.
Go, you will not regret it. I will not eat anywhere else if I am within 20 miles of this place. Just lovely, lovely, lovely. Thank you Atelier.

ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

'He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good.' (Confucius)
TOO TRUE!!
Whilst everyone at atelier is gobsmacked by your VERY generous review, it is Chef Megan who is the most humbled. You seem to have grasped what She is all about, and for your perspicacity She sincerely thanks you.
Delighted that the atelier experience was SO positive. Have a great 2014, and hope to see you again.
By the way, better late than never!!

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We recently booked atelier for our New Year's Eve celebration meal . We were shown to our table and the menu arrived the choice was difficult . I opted for the tea smoked duck and my wife the crab and haddock fish cakes we were not disappointed delicious this was followed by the sea bass and the lamb. again great the sea bass cooked to perfection and the lamb . We had a bottle of rose from the wine list what was reasonably priced .that was me full but the wife squeezed in the sticky toffee pudding all again cooked beautifully . I take my hat off to the chef and staff for a great night and we will return.

ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

No, YOU are the 'Little Gem'.
A RESOUNDING thank you from all at atelier for the superb compliments.
Chef was especially grateful for the accolades, making the hard work even more worthwhile.
And THANK YOU for choosing to spend NYE at atelier.
See you again soon.
Have a great 2014.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We ate here for the first time on New Year's Eve, and what a lovely place it is. The food was exceptional, I had the seabass and my husband had the duck; fabulous flavours and quite frankly delicious. The sticky toffee pudding can only be described as 'to die for', and not for sharing. The service was attentive, friendly and unobtrusive. The atmosphere of the restaurant is relaxed and unpretentious and other diners appeared equally satisfied. Niceness. I liked it, a lot!!

You are SOOO cute!!
What a delightful review. Thank you LOTS & LOTS for the fabulous affirmation. Chef is bowled over - it is good to keep Her happy!!!!!
atelier is mindful of the vast choice of eateries in Ambleside, and thanks you for choosing to dine here on NYE.
Please, pop in again soon.
Best Wishes for 2014.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We were celebrating our Silver Wedding anniversary during our visit to The Lakes this year and our evening at Atelier helped make the weekend extra special.
After being greeted at the door, we were shown to our table - complete with a 25th balloon and table decorations - a nice touch.
It also turned out to be a shared celebration, as it was Atelier's anniversary the same weekend !
The service from the attentive staff was excellent and the food was superb - compliments to the chef on a selection of stunning dishes.
We have eaten at several restaurants in Ambleside, but this has to be the best yet.
If you are looking for a restaurant with a relaxed, homely atmosphere, friendly staff and fantastic food, then this is the place.
Thanks to everyone at Atelier for a great evening - we will definitely be back !

ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

And a VERY Happy New Year to YOU!!!
You are a Darling posting this wonderful review.
It was atelier's pleasure to accommodate you on such an significant occasion, delighted everything was enjoyable, especially the food - Chef sends Her appreciation for both the compliments and the recommendation.
See you again??