“Yummy Fantstico”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Atelier - CLOSED

Atelier
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Haverhill, United Kingdom
“Yummy Fantstico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Well what can I say the Atelier is in an excellent location, the ambience and décor is very good and the Food is fantastic, The menu has an excellent choice of meals to choose from, me and my wife had the steak which turned out to be the best I have ever had, I cannot recommend highly enough, go visit for yourself.

Visited September 2013
ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Meraviglioso!!
What an extremely generous review. Both Staff and Chef are delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us. Your super compliments, and the all- important recommendation are greatly appreciated.
THANK YOU and THANK YOU.
See you again.

Ambleside, United Kingdom
“The Best Evening, Period.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

It is difficult to know where to begin with this review, everything was that good. I went with my brother (a chef) and my Aunt and Uncle (both frequent dinners, who know what they like). My brother originally wasn't going to able to make it too dinner, but he was incredibly happy that he did. We all agreed that this was the best meal out we have ever had. No exceptions, no if's, and's or but's - simply the best. The food was impeccable; we had a very serious debate about ordering our mains again for desert they were that good. Unfortunately we were just too full and the deserts were just too tempting. We all had a trio of deserts and decided that they should just serve that all the time.

Two days later I have effectively started an aggressive personal marketing campaign to get as many people to their door as possible. Not that it is needed - I enjoyed watching no fewer than four couples looking for walk in tables politely rebuffed because the restaurant was booked solid. I am sure there would have been more, but we went at 8pm. So I would advise booking at the busier times.

The staff too were polite, quick and very friendly and funny. The atmosphere was just very relaxed all round. Everyone in that building was smiling, happy and relaxed.

I just have to thank everyone there and I genuinely cannot wait to go back again.

2 Thank Matt1701a
ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!
OH, MY what an impressive description of your evening at atelier.
The compliments are truly overwhelming. Chef is such a Happy Bunny today - they can be hypersensitive creatures, and have to be handled VERY carefully - so WELL DONE!!
Your positives are even more welcoming considering your Group's pedigree - no pressure!
A COLOSSAL thank you to you all.
As you live so near, hope to see you again.
Malton, York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We always use trip advisor to decide where we are to eat, and the fact that this is the first time I've written a review speaks volumes about how happy we were with our night at Atelier. I couldn't fault it if I tried.

I mean, I wish I could find fault, even if to just tempt Ethna into some more of the ingenious comments I'd seen directed towards the critical commenters previously to review Atelier...

However you soon see the pride the owner shows on Trip Advisor, comes from the incredible pride that goes in to everything at the restaurant. The restaurant is quaint and stylish, without being try-hard or pretentious, the menu is relatively small, but perfectly varied, and the staff as helpful as you could wish for. We went on a Friday night, and I'd recommend booking in advance, being sat next to the door, I lost count of how many people were turned away during our hour and a half in there.

We skipped starter as to not miss out on the desserts I'd read about, so my main was the sea bass, whilst my girlfriend got the duck. Everything was cooked brilliantly, and for the standard of the food, the serving was generous. The dessert was a no-brainer. The Trio (or quad?) of desserts tasted as good as it read. Again, the portion was just right. The sticky toffee element was the most beautifully made cake I've eaten, and the rest of it was just divine.

Overall, one of the best meals I've had, can't recommend strongly enough!

1 Thank Liam S
ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Sophocles said, 'Always desire to learn something useful.'
At atelier Chef is continuously searching for new/exciting, flavoursome dishes. She is anything BUT complacent. Your STUPENDOUS review is testament to all the hard work involved in Her search for the Exciting!!
It is fantastic to know that you were so pleased with your food - MANY, MANY sincere thanks.
The Writer hopes you like this response - Mothers do tend to protect their Chicks!!
You right a mean piece, yourself!!
Genuinely hope to see you again. The recommendation is a huge compliment.
a bientot.
Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
“Wow What a Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Coming from a family of chefs and cooks its often very hard to find somewhere which would impress them. We visited Atellier on Saturday 14th Sept. with my two nephews - one who is a chef and the other is involved in wines.
What a delight it was. Inside is very cosy and bright and even though there is windows most of the way around you don't feel as though your in a gold fish bowl. The staff are lovely and friendly and the house red was most enjoyable.
Best of all was the food. A small select menu but superbly and skillfully cooked - steaks were excellent. Also a daily selection of specials. Between the four of us we had a range across the menu and none of us could criticize anything. And the deserts- we all had the trio of deserts which was truly amazing!!
Not Cheap but its well worth it!!

2 Thank JanColl14
ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
WINE Connoisseur!! CHEF!! No Pressure!!??
PHEW!! Relieved and Delighted that you enjoyed the evening so much.
Staff thank you for the compliments. BUT it is Chef in particular who acknowledges the wonderful acclamation, and sends Her appreciation.
You were a great Group. Hope to see you again.
Dorset
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Although relatively new, this family run restaurant produced first class food and has taken over top spot in Ambleside for us (and we are decades-long visitors). Menu of classics, not too many choices, nothing from freezer to microwave. Only a couple of dozen covers, so booking essential, at least in main seasons. Feels like first class!

We will be back...

ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
DIVINE review!!
atelier is MUCH obliged for the commendation. It is always satisfying when Diners are pleased with their experience.
You will be back?? Hope so.
THANK YOU.