“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Came here with 4 friends for dinner. Lovely resturant, began with delicious homemade bread in a variety of flavours. Had a goats cheese salad starter, Arancini (risotto balls) for main with some amazing olive mash and creme brûlée for dessert. Everyone in our party loved the food. I'm vegetarian and was very happy at the vegetarian selection, plenty of meaty options too. Delicious house wine... friendly service... Would highly recommend!

ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

What a generous review. Extremely pleased to have satisfied the various dietary requirements in your Party and that your overall experience was so enjoyable.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My fiancé took me to Atelier to celebrate my 30th birthday and it was a truly special evening! The food was fabulous (we had the crab cakes & bruschetta for starter followed by the sea bass and chocolate & orange tart and cappuccino mouse for dessert), the wine selection great and the atmosphere lovely, but the thing that really made the night special was the warm, attentive and welcoming service we received from Ethna & Sharon! The evening was really memorable and I can't recommend them enough. If you want outstanding food, a great drink selection, cosy friendly atmosphere at a good price then look no further! Thanks again ladies- it was fab!

ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Glad to have been of service. Thank you SO much for the plaudits, very much appreciated by all at atelier. Delighted you chose to celebrate with us, and hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Ate here on Friday 12th October, restaurant wasn't full but wasn't empty either and the atmosphere was quiet and laid back, which suited us fine.
The restaurant itself is well furnished, the decor nice and modern, with a nice ambiance about it.
Loved the fact they had beer from Estonia on the menu, which in my book is a step up from the usual becks & bud you normally are offered.
Both of us started with the leek and potato soup, which was ok, nothing special.
For mains, again, we both chose the same dish, sea bass on risotto.
The sea bass was cooked to perfection, lovely crispy skin and the flesh moist, perfect.
The risotto was ok, if slightly overcooked, but very flavoursome.
The accompanying parmesan crisp packed a punched and really lifted the dish.
Now for my but.........................................
For dessert, we both wanted the souffle, but on checking with the chef, we were informed it wasn't on that night.
The souffle reads as the stand out dessert on the menu and we were disappointed to find out it wasn't available.
They couldn't have run out, we ate on a Friday night, first night of the weekend, at 7.30, so i'm a little surprised it wasn't available.
After saying that, would i eat here again, yes, would i recommend it, again, yes, you come away feeling reasonably satisfied at a price that doesn't hurt your pocket.

1  Thank NorthernGeezer

Thank you for all the positives mentioned in your review.
Whilst it was a shame you were unable to try the souffle, it was not for the reason you suggest. Because of the complexities of the dish Chef uses a specific oven. The latter has decided to 'give up the ghost', and delivery of a new oven is imminent.
atelier hopes you will re-visit and, perhaps, taste said souffle.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

i dont think this is the best restaurant on the earth but it is one of the best in Ambleside. We visit Ambleside about 2 or 3 times a year and this place is on our return list. I like to rate restaurants on what I like - if the food is good? is it relaxing? Yes I would change a few things but this is in its infancy. I like this place. The food is very good. The staff are excellent. Its relaxing. A definite must try. We will back.

ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for such a generous review. Because atelier continuously strives to improve every aspect of the business, it is absolutely delighted to have warranted your 5 Stars.
Staff remember your custom and hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I don't normally write reviews even though I use TA loads to pick restaurants.

I love visiting Ambleside and have been a couple of time to this little restaurant. If you like quality food then this is a must! It has a good selection of dish's which build up from excellent to amazing! Make sure you (and your wife) leaves room for a desert otherwise you will be gutted!

On the way out I popped my head into the kitchen to thank the chef, and was somewhat surprised to find a young female head chef. I would love to she her give Gordon a run for his money!

ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Phew!!! Totally bowled over that despite not usually writing reviews you chose to do so in such complimentary and glowing terms for atelier. Chef did have a chuckle too!
Thank you for dining with us and hope you will do so again.