“Excellent Tuition”

Ambleside Climbing Wall
Ranked #11 of 45 things to do in Ambleside
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Indoor Climbing Venue, suitable for all ages in the heart of The Lake District. Offering Taster sessions, Private Lessons and Kids Clubs throughout the week, and open late for experienced climbers.Our parent company also offer a wide range of outdoor activities; from kayaking and rock climbing, to gorge scrambling and hiking.
Oxford
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Tuition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I had excellent tuition from Matt and Ally. I have done some climbing before but this brought my climbing on a lot, now I need to remember it and get out and practice. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Fabulous Taster Session”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My girls (8 and 11 yo) had a fabulous time. At £15 each for an hour and half, they really felt that they had good value for money. All safety equipment and instruction was included, and they were taught how to warm up, how to stay safe, how to work as a team and how to climb. One girl has additional challenges, and the instructor, Ali, was careful to work around her needs and help her enjoy her experience - she got her climbing far higher than I thought would be possible!
I enjoyed watching them from the café above the wall.

Visited April 2014
Matt B, Manager at Ambleside Climbing Wall, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thanks for the 5 stars, and taking the time to review us!!
It's great to hear that everyone can get the rewards of climbing at our wall. And brilliant to hear the newer members of our team are providing action packed session.
May you enjoy all your climbing adventures in the future.
matt
Windermere, United Kingdom
“A great day out, very tiring!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my day, added to by the fantastic instructor, Adam. I have been three times and will definitely go again, thanks for a great time.

Orpington, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great experience for the children”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

A great experience for both of my children (6 and 9). Friendly and helpful staff who made them feel welcome and part of a group of about 8 children of varying ages. We booked on the taster course which I believe was £15 per person - I thought this was good value and they were climbing up and down for about 90 mins. Water is provided for the participants as it gets pretty warm in there.

Great to be able to sit in the cafe above and watch them climb up to your level.

No negative comments that I can think of!

Durham, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Perfect intro for kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Just brilliant for the inevitable wet day! My 5 & 8 year olds had done no climbing before - they singed up for the Taster (£15 each for an hour & a half). Instructor was brilliant with quite a range of ages & experience, it was all very fun & engaging, clear focus on safety & no one was pushed to do anything more than they wanted. Just wished I could have had go too! Even better there's a cafe upstairs, so you can watch will relaxing with a coffee & cake.