TripAdvisor
Ambleside
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews min walk english breakfast off road parking home made rooms are clean little touches enjoyed our stay meadowlark mike proprietor tidy lakes
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just spent a couple of nights at Meadowbank with my better half, the owner is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and very comfortable. The surroundings are beautiful and the overall feeling of staying at Meadowbank was very peaceful and relaxing. I would definitely recommend staying here if you're staying in Ambleside.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

the B&B looks worse on the outside, than it does on the inside. so do not get scared when you see it for the first time. the staff is nice and caring, the rooms are clean and comfy and the english breakfast is good.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

Just a few minutes easy walk from the centre of Ambleside. Gorgeous views. A very homely B&B. Spacious bedroom with a comfortable bed. The owner has a good sense of humour and very helpful for suggestions and was good enough to pick up some soya milk for my girlfriend and I. Didn't hear any noise from the rest of the place. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily return.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed June 12, 2019

Stayed here in May. Clean, modernised and well appointed premises. Free parking. Charming old house circa 1839 with wisteria vines blooming mauve when I arrived; delightful garden surrounds. Good breakfasts with lots to choose from. Host Mike was friendly and professional and went beyond the extra mile. All guests needs catered for. We got tailor made breakfasts based on the menu provided. Just a short walk into town avoids parking fees and hassles. Drove to the archaeology nearby, Wordsworth's houses, Beatrix Potter house, Windermere lake cruise etc: nothing too far away. After I carelessly left a jacket and drove to Edinburgh, Mike found out mailing price and mailed it to me in Orkney Islands where I was headed. How's that for service. Back home in Australia I'm using my jacket as it's winter here! Thank you Mike

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2019

Lovely breakfast and home made fresh mini loaf of bread in the morning on our table .we had a really clean room and nice little touches like mints on the side and a fresh bottle of water every day in the room. Also in a great location with lovely views from the breakfast and living rooms. The owners were very friendly too.

Date of stay: May 2019