We stayed here for two nights over a weekend. The room was very comfortable and we had a great view of the Langdale valley from out of the window. The staff were all helpful and they served good beers in the bar, at a reasonable cost. We had dinner in the hotel on one of the nights and really enjoyed the food which was very tasty and we both thought that the portion size was good. The price for the hotel wasnt too bad compared to the general price in the Lakes and was reasonsable value for money. We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Dungeon Ghyll Hotel is located in the picturesque Langdale Valley, close to the bustling small town of Ambleside and is situated conveniently for visiting many intersting areas of the Lake District, such as Grasmere, Bowness on Windermere, Keswick and Kendal. The Hotel prides itself on the cuisine served, the relaxed and friendly service it offers, as well as the excellent standards provided.All bedrooms enjoy the most dramatic of views, whether over Stickle Beck as it tumbles down the fellside, to the Pikes themselves all dominant and brooding or Lingmoor as she forms the long south easterly side of the valley. Each of the extremely comfortable rooms are en-suite with colour television and tea and coffee making facilities and central heating.The bright restaurant overlooks the patio and to the lawn with the Lakeland fells beyond. Before dining take the opportunity to sample the hand pulled beers or the many malt whiskies available in the cosy lounge bar.Resident chef, Ian Manley, now in his 12th year at the hotel and his small and enthusiastic team have devised a style of cooking which is unique to The New Dungeon Ghyll Hotel. Using only the finest seasonal local produce including game, meat and fish the hotel proudly claim an extremely high standard of cuisine that you will want to sample again and again. The excellent selection of dishes also extends to our range of vegetarian meals.The New Dungeon Ghyll Hotel is located in the very heart of the Lake District, one of the most beautiful and inspiring corners of England. This region of long ribbon lakes, green valleys and sweeping mountains was the home of the poets Wordsworth and Coleridge and greatly inspired their work. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your New Dungeon Ghyll Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Dungeon Ghyll Ambleside
- New Dungeon Hotel
- Hotel New Dungeon Ghyll
- New Dungeon Ghyll Hotel Ambleside, Lake District