Tripadvisor
Search
Ambleside Cowhides & Sheepskins
Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
An Aladdin's cave of gorgeous natural products

David L

from $40.86
from $705.12
from $65.24
More Info
All reviews pair of slippers sheepskin rugs lovely shop helpful service shopping experience amazing selection no pressure to buy aladdin's cave reindeer skins sheep skin quality service fabulous quality cow hide lovely products spoilt for choice spent a small fortune huge choice
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2020

Intrigued by the beauty of the skins, I went in to buy a pair of slippers and came out with an Aviator style sheepskin jacket. There are more things inside than apparent in the window and its all very classy stuff. A haven of authenticity in a synthetic world. My style is lightweight outdoor:- Rohan, Rab, Mountain Equipment etc, but I haven't worn anything but the sheepskin since I came home. So warm and comfortable. Rick was straightforward, honest, giving good advice on fit and aftercare, and pulled out several jackets so I could select my preference---its a natural product and each garment has its own character. Don't walk past, you'll never know what you missed!

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank David L
Reviewed January 10, 2020

Lovely shop to wonder round, packed with all sorts of different hides. Found the shop staff very helpful and knowledgable and learnt a lot about the local sheep. Bought a beautiful sheepskin, very fair price and given instructions on caring for it. (Not onerous!) Delighted with purchase and will go again next time I’m in the area.

1  Thank LindaS893
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

I got my sheepskin rug for Christmas off my partner, and I absolutely love it, when I put it down beside my bed on Christmas morning...it was immediately accommodated by my jack Russell Oscar, now every-time I go upstairs my Jack jumps onto my sheepskin, so loved by me and Oscar very pleased with my Christmas present.

1  Thank Bluebellrider
Reviewed January 1, 2020

Really pleased to purchase a lovely pair of Shepherd wool slippers from Ambleside sheepskins. Staff really helpful and knowledgeable. Fab range of sheepskins waiting for the next visit.

1  Thank wheretonextOxford
Reviewed December 30, 2019

I searched on the internet to find a sheep skin shop after visiting one in Skye found the shop no problem beautiful place ambleside is too the shop did not disappoint at all lots of different types of skins and rugs on offer all at various prices I purchased 2 pet skins both very alike as my cats and dogs love sitting on these rugs and the good thing is they don't get smelly as there all natural so no pet smells off them the 2 ladies on the shop very helpful on how to care for the skins but been a fan of them I did know just wish I had a lot longer to spend in the shop but I had my 2 dogs waiting outside

1  Thank sarahpV5485PA