We were greeted by the friendliest girl at reception who took us to our room after giving us a quick tour of the hotel (approx 15 rooms). She couldn't do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble. Our room was spotless and comfortable.
Breakfast was delicious and again served with a very friendly smile. (The perfect treat for my other half who was one of the thousands of crazy people to do the great north swim in lake windermere that same weekend.)
Location is great- ample parking and a two min walk into Ambleside which is full of great restaurants and pubs.
Really enjoyed our stay, would recommend to anyone. Even the sun shined.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rothay Garth offers you a blend of understated elegance and warm friendly family service. Set in beautiful gardens within Ambleside, we benefit from a large private on-site car park and superb mountain views. Enjoy our Lakeland breakfast in the Loughrigg breakfast room before heading out, and after a day's exploring relax and unwind with a glass of wine from the bar service in the comfort of our residents lounge - we look forward to hearing from you!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Rothay Garth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rothay Garth Hotel Ambleside
- Rothay Garth Ambleside, Lake District