A very friendly, family-run business. We we there to take in local walks, and it was central enough to do so without having to negotiate traffic. Awesome local produce breakfast. Owner was exceedingly helpful with walking routes to take and was professional in asking our expected return time, should we encounter any problem on the hills. I would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rothay Garth offers you a blend of understated elegance and warm friendly family service. Set in beautiful gardens within Ambleside, we benefit from a large private on-site car park and superb mountain views. Enjoy our Lakeland breakfast in the Loughrigg breakfast room before heading out, and after a day's exploring relax and unwind with a glass of wine from the bar service in the comfort of our residents lounge - we look forward to hearing from you!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Rothay Garth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rothay Garth Hotel Ambleside
- Rothay Garth Ambleside, Lake District